(May 2, 2013) - Changes in BPL Customer Support
Backpacking Light is a small family company operated by part-time enthusiasts who have other day jobs, and spend several days at a time traveling or in remote areas (e.g., wilderness) for our trekking school programs. This keeps Backpacking Light's overhead expenses low so we can preserve the long term viability and sustainability of Backpacking Light. We have done our best to automate your membership activation and renewal experiences as much as possible, but we realize the need to offer help when you need it.
As such, we are only able to prioritize response to the following types of support issues:
- Membership ("F", "M", or "MLIFE") account activation or renewal problems;
- Payment transaction processing problems;
- Username change requests;
- Account inactivation requests;
- Single article purchase access problems;
- Product review requests;
- Media inquiries.
All other types of support, for example:
- Questions about ultralight backpacking in general;
- Questions about how to use the website;
- Questions about how to use the forums;
- Questions about gear;
- Browser problems or mobile access problems;
...should be referred to our community support forum.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN
All support issues are associated with user accounts. This allows our support, subscription management, shipping center, and technical staff to best work together to answer your request - so that none of our communications are lost and everyone is working with the same body of information! In addition, you'll be able to easily track and manage your own issues, and interact with our customer support staff, from your My Account page.