Rating: 3 / 5
3 rating ultimately due to cost, and necessary modifications. I'm glad I got it for $17.
I wouldn't recommend black (i got gray), and I had to cut out the head-cinch strap and mesh from the inside, then sew in the same webbing chin strap it came with, directly to two points above each ear. Sewed it by hand directly through the fabric and foam. So now it's just the fabric covered foam w/ strap and cord lock.
1) tiltability for maximum shade on face/neck (forward, back, side to side)
2) makes for a great sit pad for lunch/stretching/etc (especially if you dont carry other foam or dont want to unpack your bag to get to it)
3) nicely foldable/packable inside pack or strapped outside
4) works as a basket or water head spasher
5) i've also used it many times as a pillow supplement and foot pad while sleeping
6) easily accommodates wearing a bandanna, cold weather beanie or buff underneath.
1) fidgety strap. itchy when you have some beard scruff
2) squirrely in big gusts.
3) not much ventilation if there's no breeze and you're not moving