Rating: 5 / 5
From REI Website:
* The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate
* zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces weight and allows seams to stretch and still maintain waterproofness
* Laminated front stormflaps keep wind and rain out, while microchamois-lined chin guard protects from zipper abrasion
* Attached hood features a stiff, welded brim and single-pull drawcord to dial the fit
* Superlight pit zippers are welded and water resistant
* Features a welded drawcord hem, adjustable cuffs, chest-high hand pockets and an interior stash pocket
* Articulated sleeves ensure no-tug comfort
With my 6'4" 185 lb frame with long arms and a long torso, I have a hard time finding shirts and jackets that fit me well. This is absolutely perfect. The sleeves are plenty long and the jacket actually goes down to my waist.
The hand pockets are up above the waist-belt of a backpack which will be very useful... they also act as a vent if needed.
If you want to do a lot of layering under this, I would definitely order a size up as it is designed to be more fitted. I plan on only using it for spring-summer-fall and there is plenty of room to layer for that use. I would use my Gore-tex Parka for any weather below 20F.
I used this over Memorial weekend in Rainy cool windy weather dipping down into the 30s. It worked as a great windbreaker shell in addition to a rain jacket. I did not find at any time that I had persperation build-up under it, but then again, when I was wearing it, it only got up into the 50s.
This makes a great jacket for those ultralight backpackers that don't want to sacrifice performance!!! You can definitely tell that a lot of time was put into the design!!