Rating: 5 / 5
I bought this after a lot of research and sharing a Big Agnes Copper Spur on a 10 day Appalachian Trail section hike with my son. Copper Spur may be ultra light but
a 2 person tent it is not. I'm 5'9" 160, my son 6'0" 175.
Many things to love about the Limelight.
- Paid $160, includes the footprint.
- Setup/takedown is 5 min inc. rain fly.
- Definitely windproof / waterproof. One of the first nights, a huge storm blew in
at 1am. High winds, sideways rain for 5 hrs. Not a drop inside.
- Plenty of space for 2. It's not a palace, but don't feel like a sardine.
- Gear loft is a great place for those small items that seem to get lost.
- Love the "Bare Bones" setup, take just the rain fly and footprint.
Makes a great very lightweight shelter.
- Very versatile with the Marmot quality