Rating: 4 / 5
My experience is a bit different than the two previous Reviewers.
Have done a lot, and i mean a lot, of business with these folks over the past three yrs.
Have had more problems with them than with any other Online Retailer that i've shopped.
In the Negative Column:
1. Online inventory system is more often than not inaccurate, IME. Always call to check on availability before ordering.
2. Sometimes (a rare occurence, IME) need to make multiple phone calls to get an order which had some type of problem to ship. It seems, IME, that when they experience a SNAFU, they sometimes have just a little trouble (an extra day or two; once longer) getting it right and shipping. Though in all fairness, the info they give you is probably just what a distributor or manufacturer has told them regarding availability and shipping dates.
3. Some of their people are better at following through than others (Doron is TOP NOTCH - i try to only deal with him). I've even had to speak with the owner (i think he's the owner, or maybe a manager) twice to get action - he failed to follow through the first time; he just forgot. Doron has never failed and when he speaks, he knows.
4. They appeared, IIRC, to have a problem on a couple of occasions with their WebOrdering system such that orders didn't go through at all or properly and it takes a phone call to them to get it resolved. You know to call when you don't get any confirmation emails from BCG.
In the PLUS Column
1. If there is a problem with an order (other than in two cases), usually the item NOT being in stock even though their product availability "webcheck" says that it is available for shipping w/i 24hrs, you get a phone call w/i 24hrs, usually the same day, telling you such and asking what you would like to do (wait for all items before shipping, ship remainder of order, change color or item, or cancel that item and ship immediately). AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THESE CASES - and there have been a number of these, IME.
2. Never have had a problem with ordering one thing and receiving another, or getting the wrong size. When they pick an order, they get it right.
3. If they have an Order or Cust. Srv. SNAFU, they readily offer a discount on your current, or next order to make up for it.
4. They've even, without being asked, offered me discounts on orders (i always call before placing a web order to insure availability) at times when i've done a lot of business with them, or was placing a large order.
I don't do business with them any longer, or at least haven't in a while (except one small Smartwool item), though i plan to purchase some Smartwool products from them soon. My days are often too hectic to spend valuable time "following up" in those uncommon instances where there is a problem.
I'd give them a 3.5+ if i could give a decimal value, hence the four rating.
If it weren't for their exemplary Cust. Srv. to correct that uncommon problem, i'd give them a 2. Honestly, though, great CustSrv is probably more important than always getting it right. At least you know they're "rock honest" and care about making it right if something goes amiss with an order.
So, yesterday afternoon, i decide to give BCG another shake because of the many good buying experiences i've had with them and their great Cust. Srv.
Well, i find the item i would like to purchase. Click the check product availability link. It shows that it ships w/i 24hrs - which means (based upon multiple phone calls to BCG and speaking to multiple individuals there) that the product is in stock in their store or warehouse/shipping-area. So, i call them just to be sure. Well, as it has turned out in the past, that item is NOT in their possession and unavailable for shipping w/i 24hrs (or actually, anytime as it's a discontinued item no longer manufactured - this part i knew going in which is why i thought that i should try to snatch it up at the present time).
So, to make a long story short, make sure to call them before placing an order.
Oh, another good point about BCG is that they DON'T charge your CC until the item actually ships - a fine example for all phone/online merchants.