Rating: 3 / 5
Of course this is really quite similar to many other reviews of POE gear here...but this product is notable for:
- Full-length, mummy-footprint comfort.
- Compatible with bags such as the Western Mountaineering Pod15 and Pod30.
- 1.25lbs. weight.
- Good support and years of service without a single leak.
- Easy to inflate with any pair of lungs.
- Slippery to stay on top of!
- Not insulated. Comfortable...but not necessarily warm.
- Easily *un*comfortable if over-inflated.
The weight and reliability of this piece of kit have kept me from even trying a Therm-A-Rest for summer sleeping. However, a recent purchase of a Gossamer Gear Nightlight and ThinLight has cut this weight in half and might provide equal comfort...but only field experience and time will tell.
But notable for its bomber construction, ease of use, and general comfort across years of circumstance and conditions, from Hawai'i to the Sierras.