The Galaxy is the newest addition to GoLite’s Unlimited Series of packs created to provide a full-featured pack with maximum comfort and minimum weight. It incorporates the latest materials and technologies and is loaded with user friendly features. In size large, the total volume is 4600 cubic inches and weight is only 3 pounds 10.2 ounces (my measurement). That’s 79 cubic inches per ounce for a full-featured internal frame pack.
I loaded the Galaxy with 24 pounds of gear and took it out for a 30-mile two-day test run. I’m very impressed with this pack. It has plenty of options to organize gear, and carried the weight comfortably as promised. I like its anatomically shaped hard plastic framesheet that molded to my back and provided total weight transfer to my hips. I could even reach a water bottle from a side mesh pocket and put it back! The pack is not as squatty as the photo suggests.
Look for a full review of the Galaxy this summer on the Backpacking Light website.
Features and Specifications
- Style: internal frame, top loading, drawstring closure, top pocket
- Ergo-Flex suspension system
- Two main vertical internal compartments
- Two side mesh water bottle pockets with angled opening
- 3-liter hydration sleeve
- Floating top lid with pocket
- Large outside pocket with water-resistant zipper
- Main body is SilLite HG 40d polyester 3 oz/yd2 (102 g/m2), front pockets and bottom are 3-layer X-Pac fabric
- Volume 4600 ci (75 L) size L
- Weight 3 lb 10.2 oz (1.65 kg) size L; manufacturers specification 3 lb 11 oz (1.68 kg)
- MSRP $250