Big Agness Seedhouse SL1 - bigger porch?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Marcin Moscicki
(turin) - F
Big Agness Seedhouse SL1 - bigger porch? on 10/09/2007 14:56:56 MDT Print View

For about 2 years now I've been one of thousands satisfied users of SL1, but there's a 'but': I found it miserable in prolonged rain. When it pours constantly day after day and you can't dry your stuff, the fact that you can't enter/leave the tent without letting the rain in, starts really to hurt. Even more disqualifying is that you can't cook inside. For me, it's a great tent for an overnighter or a weekend, or when I go with friends sleeping in a larger tent where we cook together, but for anything else I'll have to find something else.

Know, wouldn't it be nice if Big Agnes made an XT version of this tent, with a small arch pole over the doorway and extended porch, like in mountain hardwear airjet 2 or vaude odyssee ? It shouldn't make it heavier by more then 200g but it would become much more versatile, and still considerably under 1.5kg.

Who would like such a fly? Maybe if enough people get together it would be possible to have it made, or at least petition at Big Sky?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Hmmm on 10/09/2007 16:23:11 MDT Print View

If you are going the route of Big Sky, then why not just get one of their existing dome tents -- such as their 1-person, 2D2V model? Don't know if BS has truly worked off its persistent non-delivery problems though...

Marcin Moscicki
(turin) - F
Big Agnes, of course on 10/16/2007 07:19:25 MDT Print View

Stupid mistake, seen too much posts on Big Sky lately. And they all explain why I chose Big Agnes over Big Sky quite well...