Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95 on 09/11/2007 07:43:34 MDT Print View

REI has these on sale for $64.93. There is currently a 20% off coupon that is applicable to sale items also. With this coupon the shoes come out to $51.95. Coupon is good till Sept 16.

You must be a member to use the coupon. If your local REI does not carry the shoes then go to REI.com

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95 on 09/11/2007 17:56:15 MDT Print View

These are probably from the first batch that had the weak upper cloth.
Unless you are doing anything other than light trail hiking, I would strongly not recomend getting these.

The new batch out will fix the problem.

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Re: Re: Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95 on 09/11/2007 19:10:56 MDT Print View

Yes- my pair were from the first batch and they split right across the forefoot on top. Golite has been really cool with the warranty though- no issues there. But if they blow in the middle of a big hike, well no warranty will help you there...

Jon Rhoderick
(hotrhoddudeguy) - F - M

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Re: Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95 on 09/11/2007 19:12:49 MDT Print View

EMS is selling them till the end of the night too!

I gots me some spike tails

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Golite shoes on 09/11/2007 19:35:40 MDT Print View

I bought a pair last weekend. How does one tell if they are from the first or second batch? I heard about the problems with the early ones but assumed that stuff selling now would be the new ones.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Sun Dragons on 09/12/2007 07:47:53 MDT Print View

I just sent back a pair to Zappos yesterday due to fitment problems. Right foot felt great but on the left the plasticy stuff on the lower sides pinched my pinky toe when I stood on my toes. Of course I also had to send back the Inov8 Terrocs due to rubbing on my inner ankle joint also on the left foot. I can't find shoes that fit my feet to save my life.

Ryan Krause
(rmkrause)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Sun Dragons on 09/14/2007 10:40:00 MDT Print View

Hey Chris - have you tried a rubbing bar? It'll stretch problematic spots in boots. Stores such as REI, EMS, etc should have one or a bootfitter. I've had boots that rubbed my little toes or big toes but worked wonderfully after getting stretched a little.

Edited by rmkrause on 09/14/2007 10:43:53 MDT.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re:Rubbing Bar on 09/14/2007 11:25:08 MDT Print View

I haven't but I don't think it would've fixed this...seemed more like a design flaw.The shoe actually creased and pushed in so much that it pinched my toe.

Jon Rhoderick
(hotrhoddudeguy) - F - M

Locale: New England
Re: Golite shoes on 09/14/2007 18:28:44 MDT Print View

Little sizing tip, they come in whole sizes, if your on the cusp i think it would be wise to size down, like i didn't. The spike tails definatly are intersting though, the scree collar is really tight and has a nice non movable tongue, so no more stuff caught in my shoes.