Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Joshua Tree
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike Nielsen
(geophagous) - F

Locale: Pacific North West
Joshua Tree on 09/05/2007 09:49:08 MDT Print View

I am going to Joshua Tree for one night on Saturday the 8th (stealing some time from a business trip) and have not done desert camping in a bit.

My plan is to bring a very light quilt, but the weather says lows of 72. I am only out for the night and all day Sunday, so I am looking to elimante most gear and treat this as a glorified day hike.

Any suggestions or things to be aware of? Planning on bringing plenty of water as I am unused to the hot temps and know I will drink a ton. Otherwise I don't plan on any rain gear, clothes. Basically just some first aid stuff, sleep pad, food and lots of water.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ryan Krause
(rmkrause)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Lots of water on 09/06/2007 09:18:46 MDT Print View

Yeah lots of water. Make sure you either have clothing that covers you up or have sunscreen. I don't like bothering with sunscreen so I wear longsleeve sun shirt, pants and hat with a neck skirt (I have a OR Sun Runner Cap).

Edited by rmkrause on 09/06/2007 09:20:17 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Good Timing on 09/06/2007 13:57:11 MDT Print View

The heat wave finally broke... so weather should be more bearable. Deserts can get downright cold after midnight, so I would bring a little something extra -- website weather forecasts are notoriously inaccurate!

Mike Nielsen
(geophagous) - F

Locale: Pacific North West
Cool nights on 09/06/2007 14:21:18 MDT Print View

That was my concern as well. It confirms I will bring a very light quilt, about a 55 degree one for a little extra comfort for my one night out.

Thanks,

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
joshua tree on 09/09/2007 19:14:49 MDT Print View

joshua tree...

joshua tree lizard

joshua tree is really incredible

my avator pic is from there