Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
BIG cleanout sale: jackets, shirts, hats, stoves, packs, shelter, bivvies
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

Locale: Central TX
(now little) Cleanout Sale: wind shirt, wicking shirts, psolar mask on 09/04/2007 15:30:27 MDT Print View

It's that time, you guys know how it goes.

REASON FOR SALE:
I usually turn gear over as needed, but last spring I was lazy and this stuff piled up, and then I was gone guiding all summer so I didn't have a chance to sell any of this until now. And, believe it or not, I'm a college student, so I could use the money.

BARGAINING:
I really really want to get rid of all of this gear. If you don't like the prices, I'm willing to work with you.

CONTACT INFO:
Email me: sns426 [at] gmail [dot] com

Let's get started.

High-Loft Jackets (the good stuff):
A) Montbell Thermawrap Parka *SOLD*
B) Mountainsmith Super Down Jacket *SOLD*
C) Montbell Thermawrap Vest *SOLD*

Another Jacket:
GoLite Stratus Jacket
Size S-M, I'd say that nomenclature is pretty accurate. It's a trim athletic-ish sort of cut but it could easily go on a normally medium-sized person.
This is a discontinued jacket from GoLite, but ProliteGear still carries it and they've got a ton of info about the jacket here. As for me, I used a blue version of this last summer at Wheeler Peak during the monsoon season and it fared great. Fabric feels great against the skin, beads up water and breathes in the same way that regular WispHP does, but this has a fair amount of stretch in it too, which I like a lot. Packs into one of the handwarmer pockets. Why'd I end up with a red one? Well the main zipper pull on the blue one from last summer broke when I threw it in the dryer, so GoLite replaced it with this guy for free. Funny, this zipper pull also broke when I threw it in the dryer, you'd think I'd learn. I replaced this pull a little piece of looped up wire, trust me it works just fine--just don't put this jacket in the dryer.
Retails for $140, asking $45.

Short-Sleeve tech tees:
A and B) basic Medalist Coolmax tees
Size small, one is light gray and the other black, one has a logo and the other doesn't--but they're the same. These have both been used for indoor sports probably a couple dozen times, but they're still in great shape and, hey, they're Coolmax. They don't stink either.
Retails for ~$15, asking $5 each.
C) The North Face Flight Series Primus 1/4 Zip Shirt
Size small, barely used and in great condition. There's X-static in this shirt! Learn more here. Have no qualms with this piece, just paid too much for it, want to get some back
Retails for $50, asking $25.
D) Basic Conditioning Gear compression shirt *SOLD*

L/S Zyflex thermal shirt *PRICE REDUCED*
Three things for you to read about this piece:
Manufacturer's product info
A glowing review from Backpacker
A detailed review from BPL's own Will Rietveld
This is a size small. It's never been used in the field, mainly because I just don't venture into cold weather often enough to bring this. So I'm getting rid of it. Can't speak to its field performance but there's a lot of information in those two reviews, and they seem to be at least moderately in agreement with each other, so they seem credible enough.
Retails for $35, asking $15.

Packs:
A) Salomon Raid Revo 30 *SOLD*
B) Raid Revo 20 *SOLD*

Shelter and Sleep:
A) GoLite Lair 1 *SOLD
B) Adventure Medical Kits ThermoLite 2.0 Bivvy Sack *SOLD*
C) Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy (two of them) *BOTH SOLD*

Stoves and stuff:
A) Ultralight Outfitters Beercan Cook system *SOLD*
B) White Box alcohol stove (and windscreen) *SOLD*
C) FireLite Titanium foil windscreen - small *SOLD*

Hats and stuff:
A) Psolar EX face mask (old style)
Size M/L, turns out to be just a little too small for my evidently big head. But anyway, this is for serious cold weather (and it warms you up a lot!) and I just don't get out there often enough to justify keeping this thing. Product info here, and tons of of BackpackGearTest reviews here. Only used on one trip, excellent condition.
Retails now for $30, asking $14.
B) REI Element rain hat *SOLD*
C) Nylon bucket hat *SOLD*

The Extractor! *SOLD*

Whew! You made it to the bottom. Hope you saw something you liked!

Edited by freeradical on 09/10/2007 14:22:40 MDT.

Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

Bump on 09/05/2007 13:34:50 MDT Print View

Shameless bump. Hey there's a lot of stuff left!

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Golite Lair on 09/05/2007 13:42:46 MDT Print View

I'll take it if sale falls thru.

Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

Re: Lair on 09/05/2007 14:39:47 MDT Print View

Cool, I'll let you know.

Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

That Lair on 09/05/2007 17:48:12 MDT Print View

Yep, it's been sold, sorry.

Ian Schumann
(freeradical) - M

Prices dropping on 09/08/2007 09:18:07 MDT Print View

Hey I still have some stuff here to get rid of, make me an offer on something and I'm likely to go for it.

Patrick Browning
(optimator) - F
Raid Revo 30 on 09/08/2007 20:25:50 MDT Print View

PM Sent

Benjamin Smith
(bugbomb) - F - M

Locale: South Texas
Re: (now little) Cleanout Sale: wind shirt, wicking shirts, psolar mask on 09/10/2007 17:33:20 MDT Print View

I bought Ian's Revo 20 - very quick shipping, pack was exactly as advertised.