November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Owen McMurrey
(OwenM) - F

Locale: SE US
Capilene on 07/06/2014 21:49:41 MDT Print View

I'm always checking for sales on Patagonia Capilene. Lucked into Rock Creek's last pair of Medium Cap2 bottoms in a discontinued color(blue) last week for $28.95, but am still on the lookout for more for work. has Cap4 hoodies in Large and up for $83.32. Not familiar with the site, but a selection of men and women's(edit: @30% off)

Campmor has Cap3 zip necks in Large for $34.96, which was too hard to resist.

As usual the available sizes vary, but at least these sites have had something besides S and XL or bigger.

Anybody else? I wouldn't mind some more Cap3 bottoms...

Edited by OwenM on 07/07/2014 01:22:33 MDT.

Just In Time
(ArcturusBear1) - F
Re: Capilene on 07/06/2014 22:54:16 MDT Print View

Can't remember exactly, but remember reading some reviews talking about how either Cap 2 or Cap 3 sucks in general and especially compared to the other three Caps. As far as deals, don't know of anything off hand, but if i see something i will post here. I'm partial to 1 and 4 the most, but then again that's the only one's i have experience with.

Richard Nisley
(richard295) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Cap 3 doesn't wick well on 07/06/2014 23:12:15 MDT Print View

The most comprehensive test was done by Prolite Gear. See their base layers II video.

Owen McMurrey
(OwenM) - F

Locale: SE US
Re: Capilene on 07/06/2014 23:22:17 MDT Print View

Yeah, Cap3 is total crap. Can't believe I wanted more after trying two sets of it.