Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2

Display Avatars Sort By:
Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Vitriol on 07/01/2014 13:41:33 MDT Print View

I thought I'd need a facebook account and a webcam to get infamous for my underwear.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Vitriol on 07/01/2014 13:45:37 MDT Print View

Max,

I hope to climb Mt. Adams next month and it'd be my honor if I could hoist your underoos at the summit as a flag of triumph and accomplishment.

Will you sell me a single pair for $10?

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Pitching a Tent and Raising A Flag on 07/01/2014 13:47:04 MDT Print View

Ian,

If they sit here for a week without selling, It'd be MY honor.

Hamish McHamish
(El_Canyon) - M

Locale: USA
_ on 07/01/2014 13:52:47 MDT Print View

Seriously guys, Max has been a champ after his thread got hijacked.

Just to show that there's no hard feelings (get it?), if Max hasn't sold both pairs in a week I will buy one pair for $25 shipped. Then I will have to think of something funny to post about it, but not on the Swap forum.

Cool?

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Probably Not on 07/01/2014 14:49:14 MDT Print View

Hamish, you just spent the entire morning trying to force me into submission... I'd rather give Ian a flag for each hand.

Hamish McHamish
(El_Canyon) - M

Locale: USA
_ on 07/01/2014 15:08:15 MDT Print View

Oh well, live and learn, live and learn.

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
L & L on 07/01/2014 15:24:05 MDT Print View

I'll take the baby for $75.

Peter S
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
Agree on 07/01/2014 15:51:52 MDT Print View

That there's nothing wrong with used underwear, but no one is going to buy them at that price. Drop to 50% of the original price, and let the price drop slowly from there on. That's what I would do. Of course this is not my business , and I should just leave it alone, but this is just to absurd. Sorry, can't help it, I'm a bad person.

Maybe this thread eventually will end up in the legendary league...

Edited by prse on 07/01/2014 15:52:56 MDT.

Kelly Kading
(K.Kading) - M

Locale: Dallas
Re: FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2 on 07/01/2014 16:44:15 MDT Print View

The main downfall of a brief, in general, is their propensity for wedgies. Combine backcountry hygiene with a wedgie and you have a nasty outcome. Especially when considering wool's ability to absorb moisture, said moisture which originates at the source of the wedgie, combining with other illicit substances. Not a risk I'm willing to take for only 33% off.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: This is annoying. So is this. on 07/01/2014 19:11:53 MDT Print View

"I'm patrolling Gear Swap every other day to leave helpful comments for people whenever I see a piece of gear I like."

This is not helpful. The seller is hoping that the next post on that watched thread for the item in gear swap will be an offer.

Nobody needs your help selling their item.

I'm sure you groaned when you saw it was I.

My wife brings up a good point, Maybe they would sell if they weren't your underwear.

Edited by kthompson on 07/01/2014 19:19:47 MDT.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Vitriol on 07/01/2014 19:36:00 MDT Print View

"I thought I'd need a facebook account and a webcam to get infamous for my underwear."

Nah, you just need to change your name to Wiener.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Vitriol on 07/01/2014 19:48:00 MDT Print View

Calm down, Tom. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

--B.G.--

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: Vitriol on 07/01/2014 19:50:55 MDT Print View

"Calm down, Tom. Don't get your panties in a bunch."

???

Matthew H
(vision-quest) - F - M

Locale: Portland, Oregon
Mt Adams on 07/01/2014 20:03:13 MDT Print View

This thread is a hoot LOL. Good times.

To be honest, the first time I saw the thread I laughed, thought to myself "I'd never buy another dude's used underwear" and moved on. Didn't even realize all these other posts. Not sure it's worth hating on the guy. If you don't want them, just ignore it and move on like you would any other post.

Now that you've peaked my interest, I do want to see a photo of a pair of these bad boys hanging and waving from the top of Mt Adams. Please spray paint "BPL" on them, and I'm sure our glorious leader would love to advertise that as the site's official logo from there on out.

mik matra
(mikmik) - M

Locale: Allways on the move
Dear Max on 07/01/2014 20:20:07 MDT Print View

You are a good looking fella so don't take any negativity out of my idea please:

Step1;Change your profile pic and name to say a picture of oooooooh I don't know....maybe Brad Pitt.
Step2;Advertise said undies at $70each (everyone knows the stars only wear the most expensive gear inc undies) BUT START WITH "oh I am new to this site......." and say only 'tried on once' but didn't fit.
Step3;wait for the women folk (and some men) around here to start the bidding war and hold out for the top price.

My work is done here.

DISCLAIMER- Everyone....relax and just smile, it's a joke :).

jeffrey armbruster
(book) - M

Locale: Northern California
S: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2" on 07/01/2014 20:21:11 MDT Print View

Vision Quest: I think that he 'piqued' your interest. But he pricked Ken's sensibilities.

Edited by book on 07/01/2014 20:22:45 MDT.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

BPL Naked Mile on 07/01/2014 20:42:01 MDT Print View

Ken's bottomless optimism has always been one of my most treasured sources of inspiration.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2 [used] on 07/01/2014 21:27:27 MDT Print View

I myself have bought used thermal bottoms. Worn once over briefs to check size were how they were advertised. But yes soap and hot water makes cooties a non issue for me.

Max, good luck with your sale.

Have you switched to boxers? I can't believe nobody has asked as to why you are selling these. By all these replies you can see that we are all fascinated by every aspect of your life. We all want the best thing for you. Though what that is varies quite a bit. Zing!

free bump with disclaimer added.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2 on 07/01/2014 22:52:18 MDT Print View

Can these double as a balaclava or water treatment pre-filter?

I would have been all over these, as I am too a brief guy, but, honestly, the subdued lighting and floral tapestry in the photograph evokes an air of latent sensuality that I just can't shake.

Matthew H
(vision-quest) - F - M

Locale: Portland, Oregon
Re: Re: FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2 on 07/01/2014 23:24:17 MDT Print View

Brilliant lol!