Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Hiking/ Kayaking in Northern Midwest and Ontario
Display Avatars Sort By:
Matthew S
(BattleRattle) - F
Hiking/ Kayaking in Northern Midwest USA and Ontario on 06/28/2014 02:16:35 MDT Print View

I'm looking for a fun partner(s) for trips like Isle Royale, Killarney Provincial Park ON, Algonquin Provincial Park ON, Lake of The Woods, Superior Hiking Trail, BWCA trips, AT, etc.

My experience includes trips to Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, a bit in Alaska, and am gaining kayaking skills.

I live just south of Chicago and while I have alot of friends, NONE of them like to wake up, eat up 15-20 miles of endorphin fun and camp (maybe a bit of fishing as well.) Usually I like to dedicate one solid week of vacation to the outdoors, one for a good metro trip (NYC, London, etc) one for family, and one for miscellaneous stuff.

I ground camp, MLD Trailstar, borah bivy, Crown VC, etc. Base weight is about 13lbs but I am making improvements to a base weight of about 10lbs

6ft, 210lbs, sarcastic, professional manager. I like to hike/kayak to see interesting terrain I don't live in, not to "find myself" or some other awkward reason.

Thanks

Edited by BattleRattle on 07/02/2014 21:39:42 MDT.

Roy Cameron
(roycameron) - F - M
killarney on 06/30/2014 08:53:40 MDT Print View

I would like to do hike the le clouche next summer in killarney. if your interseted in that nest summer let me know.
Roy

Matthew S
(BattleRattle) - F
La Cloche on 07/01/2014 21:06:43 MDT Print View

Hey Roy,

That looks like a pretty interesting trip. I was going to Killarney this summer to kayak PEI, but my knee was still a bit messed up from a ski accident in March. Looks awesome up there.

We'll keep in touch about this trip.