Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto)

Locale: Nor Cal
Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 11:53:45 MDT Print View

I know MH is owned by Columbia....I know we pay for big business all the time and I own products made by Nunatak, EE, etc. Unfortunately, this jacket is not for me.

My brother wants one and as a wedding present I was going to get him one. Rather than order directly from MH or Moosejaw (unless someone has a link to a great deal), I was wondering if a smaller company you might have been dealing with or local mom and pop in your area is selling them. I'd gladly order from them to support small businesses. I realize they didn't make the jacket but they certainly benefit from the retail mark up. I'd rather give them my money.

He's a size XL and likes color...he's not a fan of black or grey.

Thanks if anyone has a tip on this one.

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
Locally Owned, Ships Wherever on 06/09/2014 12:16:15 MDT Print View

Summit Hut is a locally-owned business in Tucson, AZ. They support lots of local environmental and kid's wilderness programs, and they bring in fun speakers and other entertainment (like sponsoring the Banff Mountain Film Fest every year). Their main competition locally is REI (which opened a few years ago in Tucson).

They have the jacket, in many colors/sizes. Here's a link:

http://www.summithut.com/products/mens-ghost-whisperer-hooded-down-jacket/

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 12:18:01 MDT Print View

+1 to Summit Hut. Great experience with them in the past.

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto)

Re: Locally Owned, Ships Wherever on 06/09/2014 12:26:19 MDT Print View

Thank You...I will take a look at their site and your response is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Great input...

Owen McMurrey
(OwenM) - F - M

Locale: SE US
Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 12:35:23 MDT Print View

$240
http://www.campsaver.com/ghost-whisperer-hooded-down-jacket-men-s-1

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto)

Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 12:52:07 MDT Print View

Owen...thanks for the link....I'm not familiar with the camp saver business model. Are they an internet based business or a local shop with an internet presence?

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
Campsaver on 06/09/2014 13:06:48 MDT Print View

I believe that Campsaver WAS a "local business" when it started, but now it is a major on-line outdoor retailer, and I can't find any links to non-profits/enviro groups that it supports. BUT, Campsaver will likely have lower pricing (which I think is why someone referred you to them...).

On the other hand, here is a link to Summit Hut's community service info:
http://www.summithut.com/pages/community-outreach/

Owen McMurrey
(OwenM) - F - M

Locale: SE US
Re: Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 13:09:50 MDT Print View

Internet, as far as I know, but you said if anyone has a link to a great deal...

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 13:11:19 MDT Print View

Moontrail.com is a small san antonio company and they are awesome.

They actually have them on sale right now for only 229!

http://www.moontrail.com/home.php?cat=489&manufacturerid=40&flag=ok

Edited by Jenmitol on 06/09/2014 13:12:23 MDT.

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 13:14:33 MDT Print View

no your info is great Owen...thank you for the link! Just wondering who they might be...

Shawn Peterson
(afterdarkphoto)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/09/2014 13:15:09 MDT Print View

Another great link Jennifer. Thank you as well for the quick background on them.

Jeff Jeff
(TwoFortyJeff) - F
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone order a Ghost Whisperer from a small company lately? on 06/10/2014 00:25:48 MDT Print View

Moontrail is a great company. I've never seen a site go through so much detail with photos, specs, etc. They were also the only store that swapped hipbelts on an Osprey pack for me.

John Holmes
(pastyj) - F

Locale: North Central Florida
+1 Moontrail and SummitHut on 06/10/2014 06:32:35 MDT Print View

Great experiences with both. Can't go wrong either way.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: +1 Moontrail and SummitHut on 06/10/2014 07:38:24 MDT Print View

+2