Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Best Cozy material?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Joe Federici
(need2boat) - F

Locale: North East
Reflectix for sale cheap! on 08/23/2007 06:55:00 MDT Print View

Mike-

Not to beat a dead horse but I've got quite a bit left from a roll I bought at the home improvment center that I've been trying to sell off. I"m just selling it for what I paid. It's 3.00 a foot the roll is 22" wide.

The last few feet I sold the shipping USPS cost about 2.00.

let me know if your interested.

joefederici@earthlink.net.

I can also send you a template for the bag I post at the beginging of the thread. It's worked well for me.

Joe F

Joe Federici
(need2boat) - F

Locale: North East
RE: Better photo: Insul Bright on 08/23/2007 07:00:04 MDT Print View

Sarah-

I noticed your not using a liner and just the insul bright on the inside. how has it held up? I thought about going tha way myself but wasn't sure after repeaded use if it would hold up. This would save a little weight the the Momentum90 is already really light.

Joe F

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: RE: Better photo: Insul Bright on 08/23/2007 08:03:11 MDT Print View

My original prototypes had 3 layers of fabric (lining, Insul, and outer fabric) when on a winter backpacking trip a light bulb clicked on, and I realized I didn't need the lining.

It has worked just fine, lining touching the heat. Insul is designed to take heat to a point (it is used without a lining to be tea cozies for instance). Insul breathes as well, and it works well being near the heat so it can shed condensation. I have test washed cozies in the washer and dryer as well numerous times, and the Insul holds up well to the blasting heat (though it dries so fast that I just machine wash and air dry my own cozies).

My personal cozy I use on trips sees use about 2-3 times a week, and has been machine washed about 10 times so far. It is still looking pretty good (especially since I have dumped food on it a number of times!)