Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Mile....Mile & a Half.. JMT film on Netflix
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jake D
(JakeDatc) - F

Locale: Bristol,RI
Mile....Mile & a Half.. JMT film on Netflix on 06/04/2014 16:17:10 MDT Print View

Not ultralight because they are film/photo folks who did the JMT in 26 days. So while it took them a lot longer and with a bunch more stuff than most folks on here do they got some great video and photos.

it is on my "one day" list... did a bit of it while in Kings Canyon on a trip in HS but doing the thru hike would be pretty sweet.

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
Mile....Mile & a Half.. on 06/04/2014 16:48:32 MDT Print View

It's a very cute film, and they got some great shots! I think it was also quite successful at showing the camaraderie that you find on the trail (esp. in the last half hour of the film).

I couldn't believe how heavy their stuff was -- one cameraman's pack was 75lbs after a resupply: yikes!!! Even the woman's pack was 50lbs. With that kind of weight, they actually weren't so slow, LOL...

Marko Botsaris
(millonas) - F - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Re: Mile....Mile & a Half.. on 06/04/2014 19:07:36 MDT Print View

" With that kind of weight, they actually weren't so slow"

You could tell they were grumpy a few time though. :-)

I liked the movie and the site so much I bought the pendant.

Edited by millonas on 06/04/2014 20:18:36 MDT.

Jake D
(JakeDatc) - F

Locale: Bristol,RI
Re: Re: Mile....Mile & a Half.. on 06/04/2014 20:51:25 MDT Print View

Yea.. looking at those packweights after their resupply was painful just watching. I only weigh 125 myself and don't usually carry over 25lb so carrying 50-75lb is out of the question for me. Looked like they had some impressive foot issues for a while...oww

I do appreciate their willingness to carry all of the big gear to get the quality shots and sound that they did.

Agree about the trail community.. I still keep in touch with 2 guys that I met on the Long Trail 2 years ago. It is nice to meet new friends and to share the experience with.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Re: Mile....Mile & a Half.. on 06/04/2014 21:45:17 MDT Print View

"I only weigh 125 myself and don't usually carry over 25lb so carrying 50-75lb is out of the question for me."

For one trip, my pack weighed 47% of my body weight!

Kids, don't do this at home. This is only for trained professionals.

--B.G.--