Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
ULA Catalyst need help shaping the dual frame
Display Avatars Sort By:
Eric Falk
(zerolimit) - F
ULA Catalyst need help shaping the dual frame on 08/18/2007 15:29:16 MDT Print View

Snuck in a ula catalyst before they closed for a few months. I purchased the optional framesheet but I'm not exactly sure how to contour it to myself. I've just been putting it on and then taking it off and trying to bend it in the right places but I know it can be so much better fitting. Just don't feel like I'm doing it well. Wish I wasn't so far from their "retail" stores. Just figured I'd ask, otherwise I'll continue to experiment probably even on the trail. Thanks in advance, Eric

Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!
Re: ULA Catalyst need help shaping the dual frame on 08/18/2007 15:52:14 MDT Print View

I've had a Catalyst w/ dual AL framestays for more than a year, and had to play with the dual stays a little bit. I took an incremental approach. At first the shoulders didn't fit well, so I pushed the top back (if that makes sense). That was a little bit better. Used it a little bit more, and found that pushing in the middle of the 2 frame stays toward the front was pretty close.

In retrospect, it seems like if you could contour the framesheet / stays to you're back, you'd be pretty close.

Does that help? If not, let me know and I'll try it again or PM me.

MikeB

Edited by eaglemb on 08/18/2007 15:52:48 MDT.