Forum Index » On the Web » Tagging a bunch of BPL heads

Display Avatars Sort By:
Cesar Valdez
(PrimeZombie) - F

Locale: Scandinavia
Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 07:57:35 MDT Print View

So recently Stick was kind enough to tag me in a blog post, and lucky enough I had some free time to respond right away. Part of the task of responding was to find 11 (!) other bloggers to tag. To do this I tagged a bunch of BPL nerds whose contributions here I have appreciated or enjoyed.

Here's my post:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2014/05/tagged-liebster-award.html

Here are all the BPL people I tagged:

2. Nick of Pop Up Backpacker
3. Craig of Sweeping the Garden
4. spelt ! of Equilibrium Sands
5. Max of Max the Cyclist
6. Mike of Ultralight Backpackin' Tips
7. Bob of Image Transactions
8. John of Hike Lighter
9. Jennifer of Backpacker PT
10. Virginia of Unbound Routes
11. Justin Baker, who has no blog, but should.

Please let me know if you don't want to be tagged or if you think I smell bad and that I am a jerk or whatever, and I will take you off the list and find a replacement. I figured this was easier than finding a bunch of emails and then sending out a mass email. I am guessing that not everyone will reply (e.g. Mike C.), but it's all good.

I suppose anyone else could reply to the questions I posed here if they so desired, including any of the tagged people.

Word.

Virginia Craft
(aletheia.va) - F

Locale: Feet dangling from the perimeter
Woo! on 05/24/2014 08:41:06 MDT Print View

Heck yea! I'm honored and we'll gladly take the tag :) Thanks a lot!

Edited by aletheia.va on 05/24/2014 08:57:33 MDT.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 12:56:36 MDT Print View

It took me a minute to figure out why the hacker traffic had suddenly increased on my web site. But, that is why they invented strong passwords.

--B.G.--

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 16:04:37 MDT Print View

Cesar, I'm flattered. Plus I haven't done a meme in a long time. :)

FTR, I just recently split my blogging up to try to improve my writing and maintain a more consistent tone. Thinky stuff will be at Equilibrium Sands. Strictly hiking stuff is now at Spelt Was Here. I'll put the meme on the second one.

Edited by spelt on 05/24/2014 16:05:39 MDT.

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 17:07:47 MDT Print View

spelt!,

I have a theory that in a prior life, you were a "contractor" for the State Department (read CIA black ops) and orchestrated a proxy war that never made the news but unbeknownst to American and Soviet citizens, this proxy war is the unsung hero of the Cold War and scared the Glasnost into Gorbachev but sadly you are now targeted by some rogue KGB agents who, despite the fall of the USSR, have made it their life's mission to see to your demise thus forcing you to live under an alias.

While I would never want for your to reveal your true name, some history on your moniker would be interesting.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 17:22:23 MDT Print View

aw, thanks!!! I guess I really, really need to start putting stuff on that blog then, eh?

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
BG's web site strong password on 05/24/2014 17:42:11 MDT Print View

Bob, many of us already know your special secret password. You know, through the clandestine efforts of Spelt and others, which was quietly shared with the rest of us. So if you get out of line, we might spam your site with lingerie ads and special sales for John Deere tractors and DeKalb corn seed. You don't want to mess with us. We can be evil, very evil.

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/24/2014 18:43:37 MDT Print View

Lol Ian,
Quite honestly: spelt is a variety of wheat and I was drinking a beer brewed from it when I made my account. The ! is just because I needed something to put in the second field.

Virginia Craft
(aletheia.va) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/25/2014 05:27:50 MDT Print View

Completely legitimate!

So if you'd have been drinking a different beer and your mood were slightly different, then you could be:

amaranth ?
buckwheat %
dinkel &
rye @
barley $

;) Any way it rolls, I like "spelt !"

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/25/2014 08:52:22 MDT Print View

Well it's good to know that any and all KGB death squads WON'T FIND ANY CIA HERE! NOPE! NO ONE HERE BUT US DIRTBAG BACKPACKERS! (wink wink)

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/25/2014 10:26:47 MDT Print View

My "Q" and my "TS" expired long ago. But I still remember....

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/26/2014 11:39:26 MDT Print View

Post is up, if anyone is interested.

I tag:
Jen and Ryan of Free the Hills
Danni of Danni and Ted’s Adventures
Allison of Allison Outside
Mary of The Mountains are Calling
Joe of Thunder in the Night
Ian of NW Trail Bum

Virginia Craft
(aletheia.va) - F

stealth on 05/27/2014 05:47:41 MDT Print View

spelt !, thanks for the link/tag to my site in your new post on stealth camping! Glad to hear it was useful :)

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/27/2014 07:05:30 MDT Print View

Thanks for tagging me Spelt! and I like the new blog. Looks like a great way to showcase your photography, which is great btw.

I'll start working on my response later today.

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Tagging a bunch of BPL heads on 05/28/2014 13:50:55 MDT Print View

Thanks again for tagging me Spelt! I posted my response here.

Loves me some meme!

.Teachin' lady

Edited by IDBLOOM on 05/28/2014 13:51:54 MDT.