For starters, here's the Sawyer Squeeze. It'll filter out protozoa and bacteria but not virus. Since you'll be exposed to hepatitis and other viral nasty’s, especially near the cities, you'll want to treat the water with a Steripen or chemical afterwards.
Here's a link to Sawyer's Point Zero Two which will filter out Bacteria, Protozoa, and virus. No experience with the system so I won't offer an opinion other than to say I've been fine without it in my international travels.
I use the Steripen Adventurer. It sterilizes protozoa, bacteria and virus. What that means is that while they are not dead, they are incapable of reproducing so ingesting them won't make you sick. I've used this overseas without problem but for your purposes, I'd stick with one that uses AA batteries (or is rechargeable) vs one that uses CR123 batteries.
Edit: If you think you'll go the Steripen route, let me know as not all of their lamps are created equal and some of them are designed to have a shorter life span.