Forum Index » Gear Swap » Standard Silnylon Lightheart Gear Solo Tent FS

Display Avatars Sort By:
John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Locale: Southeastern Louisiana
Standard Silnylon Lightheart Gear Solo Tent FS on 05/08/2014 16:13:45 MDT Print View

TENT IS SOLD TO WILL

Thanks Will.

I hate to part with this tent as it is my only UL 3 season ground shelter but I am going back to "hanging" a.k.a. as hammocking for my shelter of choice.

It is the standard silnylon Lightheart Gear Solo tent that was purchased new in December of 2011.

The weight of this tent in the stuff sack is 27.55 ounces or 1.72 pounds.

It has been test pitched in my back yard and used on the trail 3 - 4 maybe 5 times since I got it. I tend to shelter hop on the trail and pitch only when I have to tent. ;-)

It is gray and in almost new condition, the rain fly is seam sealed and the tent comes in the original stuff sack and has reflective lines attached.

Solo in the dark

Solo pitched in the Kisatchie Wilderness

$175.00 firm, shipped CONUS via PayPal.

I'd really rather keep this tent but selling it will help me recoup some of the cost of an underquilt that I just ordered.

If you are interested PM me first. If you have a question you can post it here but if you are serious about purchasing this tent use the PM system.

For anyone unfamiliar with this tent here is a video by Hendrik showing how to pitch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZsbeJsibRo

Party On,

Newton ;-)

Edited by Newton on 05/11/2014 21:06:38 MDT.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Details ;-) on 05/09/2014 15:34:40 MDT Print View

The rainfly is seam sealed but not the seam around the "bathtub" floor of the tent.

IMHO I don't see the benefit of sealing the seam of the bathtub floor when there is no-see-um mesh just above the "wall" of the "bathtub" floor.

In any event the bottom-most seam where the floor meets the "bathtub" floor "wall" is not seam sealed. To accomplish this the tent would have to be "pitched" inverted and the seam pulled taut to apply the sealant.

I used clear Permatex Flowable Winshield Sealant to seal the rainfly.

Newton ;-)

Will McElroy
(willmcelroy) - F

Locale: echo park
lightheart solo tent on 05/11/2014 09:32:46 MDT Print View

I would like to buy. PM sent.

John Donewar
(Newton) - MLife

Re: lightheart solo tent on 05/11/2014 18:00:54 MDT Print View

Tent is SOLD to Will.

Thanks Will.

Party On,

Newton ;-)

Edited by Newton on 05/11/2014 21:05:38 MDT.