Hwy 120 Is Open
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Hwy 120 Is Open on 05/04/2014 12:10:04 MDT Print View

the earliest that I can remember....1988 comes to mind....start your engines kids

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Hwy 120 Is Open on 05/04/2014 13:14:37 MDT Print View

This hot weekend boiled everything away.
I'm still waiting for the road up to Horseshoe Meadow to open (may have already?).

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Hwy 120 Is Open on 05/04/2014 13:24:16 MDT Print View

I wonder if Tioga Pass has enough snow left to play connect-the-dots.

--B.G.--

jeffrey armbruster
(book) - M

Locale: Northern California
"Hwy 120 Is Open" on 05/04/2014 13:41:58 MDT Print View

Skiing in and around Tuolumne after driving in would be really, really fun.

I was just up to Merced Lake. I've never seen such a low snow pack at this time of the year. But it still looked like there was decent coverage higher up; Sunrise I'd guess is still snowed in. I bet that you'd find coverage on the trail to vogelsang too. etc.

120 was closed when I went in; open when I came out. Had I known, I would have brought skis to Tuolumne instead!

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Hwy 120 Is Open on 05/04/2014 14:11:18 MDT Print View

I've skied around Tioga Pass a few times, and it is nice. It is especially nice super early in the season or super late in the season when there aren't many people around.

--B.G.--

Paul McLaughlin
(paul) - MLife
Re: Hwy 120 Is Open on 05/04/2014 17:53:56 MDT Print View

Drove over the pass on the way back from the east side on Friday. There is still enough snow to ski at Dana Meadows - very little at Tuolumne. Looks like pretty much 9000 feet and above unless on the north side in the shade. I will post a report when I get time from my trip to Humphreys basin last week. The gist is there's still substantial snow above 9500 or so in that area but little or nothing below that.