Sunday Afternoons Traveler Hat $10 @ Amazon - FS w/$35+ order
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Mason
(dimjim) - F
Sunday Afternoons Traveler Hat $10 @ Amazon - FS w/$35+ order on 05/01/2014 10:19:51 MDT Print View

Looks like Sunday Afternoons is clearing out some of their "traveler" hats for $10. They come with a small bag which they stuff into because the front brim can fold in half. Mesh ventilation on the sides provides ventilation and the rest of the material is UPF50+ and synthetic (quick drying). Has a an adjustable clasp in back and even a security pocket and hole for a ponytail.

Link to Amazon

Probably a decent deal if you're in the market for this type of hat. Just received my size medium yesterday and it weighs 2.75oz/75g.

Overall, I'm very pleased and thought I'd pass this deal along.
Enjoy your hiking! :)

Sunday Afternoons "Traveler" Hat

Edited by dimjim on 05/01/2014 10:20:59 MDT.

J Mag
(GoProGator) - F
Re: Sunday Afternoons Traveler Hat $10 @ Amazon - FS w/$35+ order on 05/02/2014 09:28:24 MDT Print View

Thanks! Couldn't bring myself to pay much more than this for one of these but at this price it's worth a try.

Dave Heiss
(DaveHeiss) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Have one on 05/05/2014 18:59:19 MDT Print View

I bought one of these last year and it works rather well. Very easy to stash away when you're down in the trees and don't need it. I don't bother bringing the carry pouch, but that's just me.

zorobabel frankenstein
(zorobabel) - F

Locale: SoCal
hat on 05/15/2014 23:36:50 MDT Print View

Thanks, I received mine.
I almost look like a conquistador :)

Tommy Thompson
(wasser) - F

Locale: Northern CA
Re: hat on 05/16/2014 10:14:58 MDT Print View

I got mine too and that's exactly how I described it. It's the goofiest of these goofy hats, but I can feel the air moving through it.

zorobabel frankenstein
(zorobabel) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Re: hat on 05/16/2014 10:54:33 MDT Print View

They didn't think it through; they should have designed it to fold in the opposite direction, so gravity would bring the brim flat. Maybe that's why they're on clearance, they could be coming out with the improved design.

Tommy Thompson
(wasser) - F

Locale: Northern CA
Re: Re: Re: hat on 05/16/2014 12:38:19 MDT Print View

Wow! You're right. It looks so much less goofy upside down. Sort of. :D

But really, that's brilliant. It looks pretty normal that way. It could also make it more rain resistant as you'd not have an opening at the top.