Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Marmot Hydrogen sleeping bag - top rated
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jonathan Marshall
(marshallj9)

Locale: Bay Area
Marmot Hydrogen sleeping bag - top rated on 08/11/2007 15:21:33 MDT Print View

Marmot Hydrogen sleeping bag - perfect condition, little used.

Sale: $260 List price: $309

1 lb 5 oz 850+ down 30 degrees

Top rated in review of lightweight bags (http://www.backpacking.net/gear-reviews/sleeping-bag-review/):

A great 30 degree bag with ample room for a fully clothed me (at 5 foot 9 inches tall and 170 pounds) which makes it useful at even lower temperatures.
The Hydrogen is cut a little wider than the WM Ultralite, so if you might feel constricted in the Ultralite's narrow confines, I suggest trying this bag as your next option.
The Hydrogen's shell and liner are crafted from relatively durable 1.2 oz./sq. yard ParaLight DWR 30 denier yarns used with abrasion and tear resistance in mind. The feel of the fabric suggests that it, along with the fabric used on the Big Agnes bags, is the most durable of the bags in this review. The Hydrogen has an excellent DWR application. Marmot uses stretch tricot baffles which provides strength, durability and good down control. Marmot's velcro-free face muff design is the best. The muff keeps the drawcord and zipper away from your face and provides a snug, comfortable fit of the hood as it is being tightened. I get a snug fit well in advance of the hood being closed all the way. The hood drawcord is positioned for easy access yet remains out of the way.
Zipper guards, second only to the Western Mountaineering bags, help repel biting zipper coils. Smaller and shorter zipper to minimize weight, 38" long. One hang loop on outside of foot box-- the bare minimum. Generously down-filled draft tube significantly minimizes cold leaks through the zipper. The baffles are continuous down to the middle of bag (at zipper's end) so that down may be shifted in response to the weather conditions. The baffles are side blocked below the end of zipper which keeps the down in the lower part of the bag evenly distributed. Classic trapezoidal foot box for more foot room.

Edited by marshallj9 on 08/11/2007 15:24:34 MDT.

Steve Balster
(SteveBalster) - F

Locale: Central Montana
Marmot Hydrogen Bag on 08/12/2007 13:55:36 MDT Print View

What Size is the bag?

Jonathan Marshall
(marshallj9)

Marmot Hydrogen sale on 08/12/2007 14:33:41 MDT Print View

It's a 6' bag, black.

Stuff Size: 6 x 10 in.
Shoulder: 62"
Hip: 58"
Foot: 40"

Jonathan

Steve Balster
(SteveBalster) - F

Locale: Central Montana
Marmot Hydrogen Bag on 08/12/2007 17:09:10 MDT Print View

Jonathan:
Thanks - I need the long size.

Jon Ormsby
(Phantom) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Hydrogen long on 08/13/2007 16:03:53 MDT Print View

Steve,
I have a Hydrogen long I would like to sell. Just bought it less than a year ago, only been used one week. Will sell for $260 including shipping. E-mail me at jon_ormsby@hotmail.com if you're interested. Thanks.

David Poston
(dgposton) - F

Locale: Texas / Colorado
I'm interested on 05/01/2008 14:42:30 MDT Print View

Jonathan,

I'm interested in the bag. If it's still for sale, email me at dg_poston@yahoo.com.

Chris Vatland
(ChrisV) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Hydrogen on 05/01/2008 14:53:24 MDT Print View

I also have a 6'6" - still new with tags, never used. It is also a 2007 (black with the half-zip). I'll offer the same deal as above if anyone else is still looking.

pm or email me at chrihavat@yahoo.com if interested.

(hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes)

Edited by ChrisV on 05/01/2008 15:10:54 MDT.

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
Too Much on 05/01/2008 17:17:51 MDT Print View

I'm sure there are a lot of folks that would sell theirs for that much! Try offering it for less than $225. I've been seeing unused longs go for $210-215, shipped, lately.

Chris Vatland
(ChrisV) - F

Locale: Pacific NW
Tom on 05/01/2008 17:38:01 MDT Print View

I agree and would be fine with offering less for mine.
I don't want to undercut anyone else's deal here. Maybe I'll wait and repost separately.

frank martin
(sriprank) - F

Locale: NORCAL
Marmot Hydrogen sleeping bag on 05/01/2008 18:14:18 MDT Print View

They have the new 2008 Hydrogen w/ full zip at Campsaver

20% off with promo code 'mayday'

comes to 263.16 with free shipping

i didn't see any regulars.

Jonathan Marshall
(marshallj9)

Re: I'm interested on 05/01/2008 22:53:10 MDT Print View

David,

Thanks for inquiring about the Marmot Hydrogen bag. When it didn't sell, I talked myself back into using it for one more season, so currently it's not for sale. It's a very comfortable bag, however, so I do recommend that you look for other sales. The half zip is a disadvantage, but not too serious.