Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Is Lawson Equipment on vacation?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tyler Miller
(FightingTheTide) - F - M

Locale: Southeast
Is Lawson Equipment on vacation? on 04/23/2014 16:33:35 MDT Print View

Just curious. I placed an order on 4/13 and emailed a few days later when I didn't get a shipping notification. Still no reply, and I've checked my junk folder. When I go to the website and click "Contact Us" it seems to be a dead link.

Any news or info about Lawson would be great. Thanks!

http://lawsonequipment.com/

Arn Aarreberg
(aarrebea) - M

Locale: Northern Bay Area, CA
re:Is Lawson Equipment on vacation on 04/23/2014 16:54:49 MDT Print View

I have made 2 orders from Lawson Equipment recently and did not receive a shipping notice for either. Both arrived within 2 weeks of ordering.

Its that time of year, all of these cottage companies are swamped. Waiting...the price we pay for good gear.

Tyler Miller

Re: re:Is Lawson Equipment on vacation on 04/23/2014 16:57:32 MDT Print View

Certainly don't mind waiting. Good to hear they are active. Thanks!

Tyler Miller

Re: Re: re:Is Lawson Equipment on vacation on 04/23/2014 17:17:28 MDT Print View

If this sounded like an upset/rant post, that wasnt my intention. Just wanted to know if they are still active since this was my first order placed with them.

Matt Dirksen
(NamelessWay) - MLife

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re: Re: Re: re:Is Lawson Equipment on vacation on 04/23/2014 19:06:50 MDT Print View

I just had a good amt. of email correspondence with Lawson back at the beginning of April. It sounded like business was going well.

Don't know about his personal situation, but half our schools in the area were out last week, and the other half are out this week.

Jolly Green Giant
(regultr) - MLife

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
Re: Is Lawson Equipment on vacation? on 04/23/2014 19:30:37 MDT Print View

Ordered two items in the last 6 weeks or so, shipping and communication were quite slow for both. Not thrilled about it to be honest.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Not really a vacation on 04/23/2014 19:51:36 MDT Print View

I have recently been in touch with Lawson. He and his wife have just had a baby, enough said. Let it lie for awhile.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Not really a vacation on 04/23/2014 19:59:35 MDT Print View

At one time I had 3 kids under the age of two and I still seemed to get my job done. How hard is it to respond to an email?

Mike Hensel
(mike220) - M

Locale: Northwest
Is Lawson Equipment on vacation?" on 04/23/2014 21:41:23 MDT Print View

I received half an order a couple of weeks ago, still waiting on the rest.
Hopefully soon.

Matt Dirksen
(NamelessWay) - MLife

Re: Re: Not really a vacation on 04/24/2014 04:35:53 MDT Print View

"How hard is it to respond to an email?"

That depends on your kids.

I understand the latest generation of kids are born with ten thumbs and will likely text before they learn to talk.

So it seems...

;>D

Tyler Miller

Re: Not really a vacation on 04/24/2014 05:25:19 MDT Print View

Gary, thanks for the info on their baby. Good to know.

And E
(LunchANDYnner)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
cottage on 04/24/2014 08:09:07 MDT Print View

Gotta remember that he's doing all the work by himself. This isn't Amazon.com.

We've all grown a sense of entitlement and instant gratification has become a norm, but we need to remember that we support courage companies because they're not faceless mega corporations. These are people who are passionate about their product but life happens. Things come up, and they don't have to give us ever little detail about their personal lives. His website says orders are taking longer than normal due to high order volume.

Just because one person thinks they can do just fine running a business with 3 kids doesn't mean another person can/should be able to as well.

Lawson has had a good history of providing great products at low low prices for a while, just let this hiccup pass, be patient and understanding.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: cottage on 04/24/2014 08:23:23 MDT Print View

And E, failure to communicate to clients one way or another will result in a failure of the business.

Your heading is "Cottage."

Let me explain that I have never not received communication from a Cottage manufacturer after a couple of days and this is even in the early days.

Some say "BOO" because this hiccup as you call it has been going on for months, evidenced from other threads.

Eric Osburn
(osb40000) - MLife
Babies on 04/24/2014 08:48:53 MDT Print View

A slow down in service and response is understandable for a new father. Lawson may want to shoot out an email to all his current customers letting them know of expected delays and maybe post on his website as well.

Matt Dirksen
(NamelessWay) - MLife

Re: Re: cottage on 04/24/2014 09:04:05 MDT Print View

Dave,

While I totally agree with you (that it makes non-good business sense to not communicate), as I mentioned earlier I just recently (within 30 days) had very good experience both ordering and communicating with Lawson. I have been ordering from him on & off for at least a year and have never had any issues to speak of.

If he did just have a little one - my sincere congratulations to him and his family. I understand Joe Z also just had a little one not too long ago.

Hmm, maybe I should order something and see how long it takes to hear from him...

Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio
Not Again. on 04/24/2014 09:08:50 MDT Print View

> but we need to remember that we support courage companies because they're not faceless mega corporations.

This sentiment doesn't speak for me at all. I support cottage companies when they make a superior product, or when they provide value, or because they are generally more willing to modify a product to suit. Corporations are merely larger in size, they don't become "evil" because they hire more people. People in corporations have faces, too. It takes courage to be an entrepreneur, period, regardless the size your company becomes. Let's not thread drift into yet another corporate bashing screed.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: Re: Re: cottage on 04/24/2014 09:14:09 MDT Print View

I do not disagree with you Matt - I am still trying to catch up on sleep.

But a quick email to your clients explaining the situation? Easy peasy.

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
People are Different on 04/24/2014 10:38:32 MDT Print View

I recently made a small order from Lawson Equipment (free shipping). I got a confirmation of my order quickly, and, although I never received notice that the order shipped, within a few weeks, the item arrived.

People are different -- maybe for smaller orders, he doesn't routinely send "Your Order has Shipped" emails. To me, the important thing was that I received the correct item within a reasonable time. Is he the industry's top leader in client communication? Probably not, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again just because he didn't send me a shipping email. YMMV.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Delays on 04/24/2014 12:33:09 MDT Print View

Someone just let me know about this forum. Sorry to everyone except Dave U..

My wife was pregnant. She had pre-eclampsia and was in and out of the doctors office and hospital. Then my baby was girl was born and she had to be in NICU for a week. Now that she is home I have been trying to help out around the house so for the entire month I have been dealing with family stuff... That said, I am very sorry about the delays this has caused and have been responding to emails and shipping orders as fast as I can. Basically I am working through the night and not getting any sleep. For all you patient and understanding people thank you so much :)

The one comment I take offence to is Dave U...
"At one time I had 3 kids under the age of two and I still seemed to get my job done. How hard is it to respond to an email?"

>>>It's pretty hard to respond to an email when you don't have the time to check them. If you had your first kid in the NICU and you were checking emails then it just goes to show you the caliper of dad and person you really are.. That said, who are you?? I know you always have a comment on everything but have you ever even ordered anything from me before? Reason I ask is, what is your real name as no Dave U has ever ordered anything from me before. If not, then I doubt you have ever sent me an email.. So unless your using an alias on BPL, then why do you even have a comment on this topic?

Matthew Black
(mtblack) - F
Re: Delays on 04/24/2014 12:36:39 MDT Print View

Lawson,

I hope your wife and little one are well. You've always provided great gear at fantastic prices. It is much appreciated and will be so going forward.

Best wishes to you and your family.