Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Top Ultralight Tent Review

Display Avatars Sort By:
Robin B
(beckcommar)

Locale: NorCal
thanks on 04/22/2014 17:51:16 MDT Print View

Hey, as someone who offered criticism--particularly about the silence of the editorial team--I'd just like to officially say thank you for your response. It really does make a difference to know that you're paying attention and listening. I think bringing in new writers from outside the community is great, but clearly they will sometimes need help in order to connect with this audience. Looking forward to future content that'll make me re-up my membership for full access.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Comments on "Top Ultralight Tent Review" on 04/22/2014 19:33:35 MDT Print View

Why Ryan did you delete some remarks and not give a reason? At least Roger has the courtesy to do so.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
moderation on 04/23/2014 11:57:38 MDT Print View

Ken: Some of the comments were deleted because they were not relevant to the article's topic, and were instead directed at editorial process. I was fine with those comments but they don't belong here. There are a couple of forums in the Admin section where these topics could be better discussed aside from the editorial content of this article - which is the purpose of the Editor's Roundtable Forum.

Other comments were deleted because they simply communicated a lack of respect for people. There are ways to deliver criticism, and there are ways to deliver criticism with respect. There's a difference between discussing process in a way that is constructive and leads to positive engagement, and complaining in a negative or destructive way. Some posts met this criteria.

--

This forum thread has been closed. Please review the BPL Forum Guidelines here. As always, if you do not agree to these guidelines, which have been proposed, reviewed, and changed in response to feedback from this community, you are welcome to a full refund of your subscription: please contact support@backpackinglight.com to request it. However, disagreement with these guidelines does not constitute your right to abuse them. These forums exist for a community of recreational enthusiasts to build each other up, not tear each other down.

Edited by ryan on 04/23/2014 13:20:58 MDT.