Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bundy......A True American Hero?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/16/2014 18:27:02 MDT Print View

Sounds good Ken.
I edited to add, not to take anything away. After I read your second post I added my defense, then edited again to call for staying clear of one another. Nothing taken away.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/16/2014 18:59:48 MDT Print View

Homer Facepalm

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/16/2014 19:31:02 MDT Print View

crap Kat....you still don't get it...maybe re-read what I wrote....sigh

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re: Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/16/2014 19:39:59 MDT Print View

How so? You said "care to read what you edited" and I explained my editing.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/16/2014 19:41:56 MDT Print View

What am I "still" not getting here. I said "sounds good" to your post and answered your question.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Chaff renamed... on 04/16/2014 19:50:05 MDT Print View

To the "Nuh uh... you are! NUH UH... YOU ARE! DOODY HEAD! FART FACE!" forum.

Yeah I know. Glass houses.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! on 04/17/2014 00:03:32 MDT Print View

" I don't come to BPL to visit Chaff to argue or to be holier than thou. "

Ken, I laughed so hard at this, I peed my kilt!

p

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Can we PLEASE get back on topic...status of the Bundy burgers? on 04/17/2014 00:08:20 MDT Print View

Does anybody have ANY info on the status of the cows or the alleged mass cow grave the BLM put them in?

bb

David Olsen
(bivysack.com) - F - M

Locale: Channeled Scablands
Private Land Grab on 04/17/2014 06:35:09 MDT Print View

Listened to the local (WA) state rep on the radio, who went down to support the Bundy's last week. Matt Shea.
Matt Shea

What he wants (and the others he was with) is to give the Federal Lands to the
state and then sell some off to private parties, like North and South Dakota have done.

The real motives are not cattle and family ranches, its is private land grabs.

Buck Nelson
(Colter) - MLife

Locale: Alaska
The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 10:26:38 MDT Print View

The law is pretty clear. Bundy is in the wrong. The BLM has been trying to settle this peacefully for 20 years.

Bundy said I don't recognize the United States government as even existing How do you deal with someone so delusional?

If Bundy had simply followed the rules and laws like almost everyone else, this wouldn't be an issue. If there hadn't been threats of "war" and armed resistance to the completely legal rounding up of his trespass cattle, there wouldn't have been numerous armed Federal law enforcement officials there.

What can't happen is to allow Bundy to continue thumbing his nose at the law thanks to threats of violence. We shouldn't be a nation where armed militias settle legal matters.

Wikipedia has one of the most complete and least biased summaries of the situation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 10:51:15 MDT Print View

What's interesting is whether Bundy is considered a nut, or are there significant numbers of supporters.

The Oklahoma City bomber read "The Turner Diaries", thought that his actions would precipitate an uprising of armed militias. Fortunately he was considered a nut.

A few more people consider the people in Waco Texas as reasonable.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 11:30:36 MDT Print View

So the guy is a whacko who doesn't recognize the Federal govt, only the state of Nevada? I get it. Wait a minute - He paid his leasing fees to the Federal govt once upon a time so obviously he does recognize it. He only recognizes Nevada so he has been sending his fees to them since 1993 instead. Wait- No he hasn't. He's just a thief who didn't agree with the laws that were passed and found a cause that helped to explain why he wasn't going to pay....... How many of these nuts do you guys gave out west???

Ryan

Edited by ViolentGreen on 04/17/2014 11:35:24 MDT.

David Olsen
(bivysack.com) - F - M

Locale: Channeled Scablands
Bundy Bunch on 04/17/2014 12:42:30 MDT Print View

Clive needs a more sympathetic approach. Maybe he could line up Pussy Riot to chain themselves to cows.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Bundy Bunch on 04/17/2014 13:36:23 MDT Print View

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-hark-back-to-the-politics-of-race-020141291.html

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 14:34:11 MDT Print View

"How many of these nuts do you guys gave out west???"

Probably about as many on a per capita basis as you do in that dark land east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason Dixon Line. ;0) But if a Nut Job Race to the Bottom were to be held tomorrow, my money'd be on the SE to win, but only by a whisker. ;o))

On a more serious note, Americans are a highly mobile people, moving on average once every 5 years, so I'd guess the nut job distribution is probably fairly homogenous by now. At least in the rural areas.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: Bundy Bunch on 04/17/2014 15:20:39 MDT Print View

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-hark-back-to-the-politics-of-race-020141291.html:

When asked if Republicans are racist, Isreal said:

"The Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism"

He didn't bring it up. I don't think "hark back to the politics of race" is a good description.

I think Republican politicians aren't racist. But they use "Dog Whistle Politics"

Like someone called Obama a "tar baby". When asked if it was racist he said he just meant a blob of tar on the beach that sticks to your foot. But it also has a racist meaning. Racists will laugh and think that Republicans are sympathetic to their cause (and vote for them).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

Dean L
(AldoLeopold) - F

Locale: Great Lakes
Re: Re: Re: Bundy Bunch on 04/17/2014 15:34:08 MDT Print View

Do you remember Col. Lawrence Wilkerson's statements during the 2012 election about his party (R)?

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 16:45:20 MDT Print View

"Probably about as many on a per capita basis as you do in that dark land east of the Mississippi and south of the Mason Dixon Line. ;0)"

I will grant you that, but you guys definitely have the market cornered on the lunatic-militia man-federal govt is unconstitutional nut jobs. We just have everyone else. :)

Ryan

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 19:58:05 MDT Print View

And I think here in Texas we are special in that we are technically south of the MD line AND in the west! and we have the wide variety of crazies to prove it - including the folks who think the earth is 6000 years old, dinosaurs and man lived together in harmony (ala Land of the Lost) and Thomas Jefferson was no founding father because he wrote of the importance of the separation of church and state.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The law, not the biggest militia, should prevail on 04/17/2014 20:20:48 MDT Print View

"We just have everyone else. :)"

Yes the Southeast looks lovely.

FWIW I generally hate upworthy due to their lame @$$ed litmus tests they try to subject you to for clicking on one of their stale emotion fueled reassuring hug festivals (eg "Q: click yes if you believe in equality for all. A: No I like everyone except people from Cincinnati Ohio so eff them and their sub-equitable human experience!") and all the disingenuous horse feces that goes along with it but I happened to trip on this moments ago so here you go for your viewing enjoyment.

http://www.upworthy.com/this-map-shows-there-are-10-kkk-organizations-in-my-state-how-many-are-in-yours?c=cd1

Edited by IDBLOOM on 04/17/2014 20:25:27 MDT.