Bundy......A True American Hero?
Display Avatars Sort By:
jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: It's high time for some updated memes around here! on 04/26/2014 10:25:52 MDT Print View

"http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/03/26/25-examples-of-liberal-racism-in-quotes-n1549044/page/full"

A lot of those were taken out of context

Like Harry Reid said Obama has light skin and no accent, because many people won't vote for a black person that has dark skin and talks with acent. When considering who to support, you have to consider all the factors that affect their chance of being elected.

But what about Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad and Muhamed Ali? They said things that seem horrible. Not "out of context". Hard to make any sense of it. Except that the slavery and racism that preceeded their comments was so horrible that I can see how this was a result.

Maybe it's time for us to move on. Even if "blacks are lazy" (or whatever Bundy said) it's because of history. Maybe affirmitive action should be based on economic condition because there are many white people that have been left behind also.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Mormons on 04/26/2014 10:29:18 MDT Print View

"That's because Christians don't consider Mormons Christian. They use the Book of Mormon. Adding to the bible kind of kicks them out of the club.

That said I don't consider them a cult. I consider them another religion. Just like Islam."

But do established relgions say that Islam is a cult?

Muslims and Christians don't get along because they're competing with each other? I guess same thing with Mormons.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Bundy......not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he still deserves a place in the tool box. on 04/26/2014 10:53:20 MDT Print View

""Matthew said he would go down there with his gun so your comment would be applicable to him "

I never said that, Jerry. Not once. In all honesty, though, I would gladly have gone there to help if he had been closer than 1000 miles away.

There! You said it again! "I would gladly have gone there to help..."

But I never said i'd take a gun...that might get me in trouble with the BLM, NSA, IRS, State Department, CIA, FBI, OSHA, Dept. Of "Homeland" Security, the Food and Drug Administration, the US Post Office, National Weather Service, etc....all of which have bought a sh!t ton of ammo the last few years! ;)

""It's also clear that it's YOU who is the hypocrite racist here. I, personally, think that Mormonism is a cult."

Another two, adjacent, self inconsistent sentances : )"

Not at all, Jerry. Just because I believe the Mormons are a cult does not alter the fact that they have a protected right to worship that way, regardless of how I personally feel about them.

"And sorry, there's no defending his comments. The only thing you can say is they're racist idiotic comments and then don't say anything for a while."

I disagree. I was not defending the content of Bundy's comments, only trying to clarify them. Do I agree with what he said...not really. I think he could have made his point a bit more eloquently, but like the guy said in his article, Bundy's an old cowboy, not a master orator. He is free to speak his mind, though, and we should defend his right to do so, regardless of where we stand on the issue.

"Bundy's rant didn't strike me as racist by how I typically think of it, only extremely stupid. African Americans were better off as slaves because they could grow turnips with their families. Really?? First of all, most states had laws against slaves growing their own food. Plus, all that sounds nice except that the child mortality rate for slaves was nearly 70%, and the women often faced a constant threat of sexual abuse. Oh yeah, and they might just sell one of your children tomorrow. Sorry about that. Sounds like a great time that people are jumping to get back to.

If someone is thinking that African Americans were better off as slaves, they're an idiot, probably not a slow speaking cowboy racist. Although the two aren't mutually exclusive. It literally blows my mind that people defend this guy.

Ryan"

Ryan, I agree 100% with what you said here about the slaves topic. But don't confuse the issue that people might be defending Bundy, not because they agree with his statements, but because his rights he was exercising were being threatened. Basically, that was the point of the Marine's article he wrote. We might not agree with what he says, but he has a right to say it. Know what I mean?

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/26/2014 11:20:18 MDT.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Time to move on. on 04/26/2014 10:58:58 MDT Print View

""http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/03/26/25-examples-of-liberal-racism-in-quotes-n1549044/page/full"

A lot of those were taken out of context

Like Harry Reid said Obama has light skin and no accent, because many people won't vote for a black person that has dark skin and talks with acent. When considering who to support, you have to consider all the factors that affect their chance of being elected.

But what about Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad and Muhamed Ali? They said things that seem horrible. Not "out of context". Hard to make any sense of it. Except that the slavery and racism that preceeded their comments was so horrible that I can see how this was a result.

Maybe it's time for us to move on. Even if "blacks are lazy" (or whatever Bundy said) it's because of history. Maybe affirmitive action should be based on economic condition because there are many white people that have been left behind also."

Ummm....i'm not sure how to respond to this, Jerry. You're finally making sense. Did hell freeze over? I actually am in agreement with what you said. :) Affirmative Action, by definition, is in itself, racist. I totally agree it should be based on something other than skin color.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/26/2014 11:08:24 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Time to move on. on 04/26/2014 14:05:52 MDT Print View

If people really believed affirmitive action should be based on economic condition rather than skin color, they would then push some programs to do that.

Instead, conservative leaders also want to cut any programs to help people in a difficult economic condition.

It would be more honest if conservative leaders said they want to cut programs for regular people and keep programs to help wealthy people and corporations, rather than the B.S. talk about affirmitive action discriminating based on skin color.

Scott Jones
(Endeavor) - M
Bundy was born ignorant and has been losing ground ever since. on 04/26/2014 14:49:25 MDT Print View

Fun to watch right wing cowards like Sean Hannity and Rand Paul backing away from Cliven Bundy. It is entertaining and rather comedic. Now they want to talk about other issues...........

Cliven is a tax cheat and a racist, nothing more, end of story.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Bundy......not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he still deserves a place in the tool box. on 04/26/2014 21:55:16 MDT Print View

"Ryan, I agree 100% with what you said here about the slaves topic. But don't confuse the issue that people might be defending Bundy, not because they agree with his statements, but because his rights he was exercising were being threatened. Basically, that was the point of the Marine's article he wrote. We might not agree with what he says, but he has a right to say it. Know what I mean?"

Matthew,

Help me out. Which of Bundy's rights are being threatened in this whole thing? I've read similar statements but have yet to see it spelled out. I'm not seeing it so far. Open to considering that side of it though.

Ryan

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/28/2014 00:08:27 MDT Print View

"Matthew,

Help me out. Which of Bundy's rights are being threatened in this whole thing? I've read similar statements but have yet to see it spelled out. I'm not seeing it so far. Open to considering that side of it though.

Ryan"

Hey, Ryan, good question.
The way I see Bundy's argument is, in the Constitution of the United States of America, government owned land is relegated to the 10 square mile area of Washington, DC as well as it's outposts and military bases. So, if that's the case, and the land is public, then the right to manage diverts back to Nevada. It's unconstitutional in all aspects. Should Bundy pay the fees? Yes, no,maybe, but it sure would help his case in the court of public opinion. As for his rights being directly violated, remember that the BLM set up two "free speech zones" a half mile apart, that protesters were to stay in, each holding only around 10 people at a time. Hmmm...I thought our whole damn country was a "free speech zone" guaranteed by our Constitution? On this, we can all thank the Bush administration, who started the "free speech zone" thing (it's now even spread to college campuses...really?).

Also, on a side note, Hairy Reid's son is trying to close a deal with a Chinese solar power company to put in a solar farm on the very land the BLM is kicking Bundy off of. Turns out that Reid's former campaign manager also is heading up the BLM in Nevada. Strange set of coincidences, huh? Some protecting habitat eh? Fact is politicians have used environmentalism for decades as a tool of seizing land and enriching themselves and their families.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/28/2014 12:40:40 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/28/2014 07:22:36 MDT Print View

Do you think Constitution says federal government can only own 10 square miles in D.C., military bases, and outposts?

Do you think if the Supremes make a decision about what's constitutional, then that's what's constitutional?

I hope this is just a fringe interpretation that 99% of the people shake their heads at.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Case Closed on 04/28/2014 08:28:14 MDT Print View

There is a picture of Bundy with his arm around a dude with a dark complexion. Case closed, liberals. /thread

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/28/2014 11:39:33 MDT Print View

Jerry...I never said I agreed with Bundy's interpretation. I do not. I was just trying to explain his position as I understood it to be. On the other hand, I disagree with many Supreme Court decisions. The SC is not the end of an issue. If they rule in favor of something that is unconstitutional, it might then be legal, but will not change the fact of it's unconstitutionality. Just because something becomes the "law of the land" does not mean it's then set in stone forever. Laws can always be changed or eliminated. It's up to the American people, ultimately, to decide this.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/28/2014 11:41:31 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/28/2014 18:23:39 MDT Print View

If "the Supremes" say something, it's consititutional, by definition

I don't like how they're eliminating all the regulations on political donation (bribes) but that's how it is

If we don't like it, we can pass a constitutional ammendment or quit electing Republican Presidents that keep nominating these wacko Supreme Court Justices

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Bundy in DANGER? on 04/28/2014 22:00:39 MDT Print View

"Fun to watch right wing cowards like Sean Hannity and Rand Paul backing away from Cliven Bundy. It is entertaining and rather comedic. Now they want to talk about other issues..........."

Yeah, Scott, just like when the Democrats dropped ol' Anthony Weiner like a hot potato, right? Don't hear many of you sheeple talking about Carlos Danger at all, now. Why is that, Scott?

cd

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/28/2014 22:01:49 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Bundy in DANGER? on 04/28/2014 22:18:08 MDT Print View

What's funny about Weiner is someone asked if he had relations with many women, and he said that it wasn't more than 6 or 8 (something like that, I forget just what he said). He didn't realize that was an absurd think to say.

Kind of like when he was first asked about the picture he didn't say it wasn't him, he said it could have been photoshopped. Again, he didn't realize that was like admitting it.

Funny how sometimes a person is just on a different planet from the rest of us.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Bundy in DANGER? on 04/29/2014 13:26:22 MDT Print View

yeah Matthew...those damn libs are such hypocrites right. Don't worry, elections are coming and more Dems will be in office in the House

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Bundy in DANGER? on 04/29/2014 17:52:11 MDT Print View

"Funny how sometimes a person is just on a different planet from the rest of us."

Doesn't that apply to just about all politicians?

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Bundy in DANGER? on 04/29/2014 19:42:02 MDT Print View

Speaking of ol' Carlos Danger - I dare any of you to watch this video and not laugh hysterically. Gets me every time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjiSm4ZPVKM

Ryan

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Delusions... on 04/30/2014 06:48:08 MDT Print View

"yeah Matthew...those damn libs are such hypocrites right. Don't worry, elections are coming and more Dems will be in office in the House"

""Funny how sometimes a person is just on a different planet from the rest of us.""

Boy, do those two quotes just fit together perfectly, or what? LOL. I wouldn't put any money on the Democrats this year, Ken. You're likely to lose it all if you do. Here...read this...(it's from your liberal NPR, so even you should agree with it)...

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/06/272359784/2014-senate-campaigns

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Delusions... on 04/30/2014 07:11:25 MDT Print View

But it's all about timing

The Obamacare demonization frenzy is likely to fade. The country will not be consumed by hellfire as predicted. Everyone will continue to get healthcare.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Clippers owner on 04/30/2014 17:25:49 MDT Print View

I like the other statement by the Clippers owner

He didn't understand why those black players weren't more grateful because he gave them cars and food and houses...

The racism is associated with the ideas of the 0.001% that have an unrealistic opinion of how great they are and how stupid and lazy the rest of us are and we should be greatful if they toss off a few crumbs

Actually, if the vast majority of the country is contributing and being rewarded, we'll all be better off, including the richest people