Bundy......A True American Hero?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
race baiting liberal me. on 04/24/2014 09:31:18 MDT Print View

Matthew....I am race baiting once again :)

and change the color of this nutjob from white to black....would you think he would be alive today??? Hmmm....food for thought...right?

shoot

Edited by kennyhel77 on 04/24/2014 09:33:12 MDT.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 09:38:10 MDT Print View

Like I said earlier, I don't think Bundy refused to pay his cattle grazing fees because he is a racist. It's just that being a racist just comes with the territory for far right wing nuts.

I am a little disappointed that all the Bundy apologists have disappeared. Now comes the even better part where conservatives all try to pretend that Bundy isn't a "real" conservative, or they will try to paint him as a liberal because he voted Democrat 40 years ago. You can't make this stuff up.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 09:57:59 MDT Print View

I say this.....if all of these "patriots" wanna play army, then let them play army. Gather them all together and do a draft like they do in sports. Once drafted between the two armies. Then let them play out their silly fantasies killing each other in a war.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
ken, ken, ken on 04/24/2014 10:14:20 MDT Print View

You brought race into this long before you ever had any kind of quote or the slightest hint of racism. You are just as guilty as Bundy.

Unlike many on here if Bush was president and this guy a hippy from SF you would be on his side regardless of the facts.

Just because the dude is a loon, doesn't mean that some of the issues aren't real. It is unfortunate that he is distracting from the greater issue about Bundy a how the federal government deals with public and private land. But as is often the case, you and a several of your like minded left wing extremist care more about attacking people who disagree than discussing the issues.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: ken, ken, ken on 04/24/2014 10:20:03 MDT Print View

but hippy's come from other places than San Francisco :)

Glad you did not write San Fran, then I would have to laugh at you

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Bundy......A True American Hero? on 04/24/2014 10:38:03 MDT Print View

"Matthew....I am race baiting once again :)"

Nothing new here, i'm afraid. I think Michael just made your arguments invalid in a very concise way, Ken. Nice try, though.

d

PS--Sory I haven't taken any of your bait lately, i've been busy working and actually hiking and have not spent every waking moment keeping up on the thread like you have.

Edited by bigfoot2 on 04/24/2014 10:39:47 MDT.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 11:14:28 MDT Print View

I don't think Kat defended Bundy, she just asked if it was reasonable to have such a large percentage of Western land owned by the federal government : )

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 11:14:34 MDT Print View

"Now watch Matthew and Kat defend........ 5 4 3 2 1....... BOOM"

To speak of me as someone who would defend racist ideas and comments is wrong and ignorant and this is as much of a response as I have for that.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 11:22:21 MDT Print View

Nowhere did I write that you would defend a racist. Learn to read.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
A balanced view on 04/24/2014 11:25:13 MDT Print View

BLM does sell or lease their land holdings all the time, .... if you live in the interior West, you know. The issue here is the very small fee for grazing on public land that he (Bundy) has let build up for decades. Same thing as drivers who let unpaid parking tickets or toll fees build up ... and sometimes it results in rage - a former college work study student I knew physically assaulted a tow truck company attendant about 25 years ago when his car was towed for illegal parking. So, using the Bundy logic, the student would be right to use force to defend the illegally parked car ... taking it further, if a customer doesn't agree with his/her bills, is it then Ok (rhetorically) to bring an armed posse to a business?

Add, it seems Bundy was actually pretty smart to frame the delinquent debt as a political cause but got overconfident, leaving some important Senators hanging. Win a battle, lose the war ..

ed: add

Edited by hknewman on 04/24/2014 11:35:24 MDT.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Oh dear on 04/24/2014 11:38:01 MDT Print View

"Just because the dude is a loon, doesn't mean that some of the issues aren't real."

This is a great catch-all excuse. Cut and paste at your leisure.

Of course there are issues somewhere buried in this circus sideshow. There are always legitimate issues raised by lunatics if you search hard enough. I really don't mean to be a dick, but seriously. That's pretty weasely.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: A balanced view on 04/24/2014 11:38:07 MDT Print View

and here comes the backtracking....lol

http://news.yahoo.com/list-cliven-bundys-supporters-now-know-hes-pro-133625625.html

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: A balanced view on 04/24/2014 11:41:56 MDT Print View

I don't think very many conservatives ever defended Bundy. Hannity did but not Beck for example. I didn't hear of any politicians.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: A balanced view on 04/24/2014 11:51:28 MDT Print View

"Nevada's Democrats were quick to call out all the local Republicans who supported Bundy, including Cresent Hardy, Niger Innis, Adam Laxalt and Michele Fiore.

Fiore spoke with both Sean Hannity on Fox News and Chris Hayes on MSNBC to argue the Bundy cause. Hayes spoke with Fiore over video, as she was attending the Bundy ranch barbecue. She stopped short of saying that she agreed with Bundy in not recognizing the authority of the federal government, but questioned the heavy handedness of the BLM. "I'm not saying I agree with Cliven Bundy, what I'm saying is, the way this was handled was really suspicious." Fiore doesn't believe Bundy owes the government $1 million in unpaid grazing fees — it's probably closer to a couple hundred thousand"

One of many

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 11:56:14 MDT Print View

"Nowhere did I write that you would defend a racist. Learn to read."

"Now watch Matthew and Kat defend........ 5 4 3 2 1....... BOOM" is saying that Kat would defend Bundy, who is a racist, so that would be defending a racist. But that's just my interpretation. Kat never defended Bundy.

Matthew said he would go down there with his gun so your comment would be applicable to him

I think that since Bundy made such racist comments, any support of Bundy is an implied agreement with his racism

At the least any positive comment about Bundy has to be prefaced with condemnation of his racism

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: A balanced view on 04/24/2014 11:58:37 MDT Print View

"One of many"

Okay, so many nut Republican politicians to choose from : )

At least prominent Republican politicians didn't support him?

David Olsen
(bivysack.com) - F

Locale: Channeled Scablands
Re: Re: Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 13:06:58 MDT Print View

"To speak of me as someone who would defend racist ideas and comments is wrong and ignorant and this is as much of a response as I have for that."

For sure. K you read into things what you want.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For old tyme cotton pickin' too it seems .. on 04/24/2014 14:24:57 MDT Print View

Maybe I misread, and I would ask for an explanation but has never worked. I do not like the Tea Party; I have never defended Bundy.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Oh dear on 04/24/2014 14:28:44 MDT Print View

kirby,

""Just because the dude is a loon, doesn't mean that some of the issues aren't real."

This is a great catch-all excuse. Cut and paste at your leisure.

Of course there are issues somewhere buried in this circus sideshow. There are always legitimate issues raised by lunatics if you search hard enough. I really don't mean to be a dick, but seriously. That's pretty weasely."

Weasely? I'm not even sure how to interperet taht, but you can get ought of here with that garbage. If you really don't want to be a dick, then I suggest you don't post like one.

I have posted on the topic in general terms and even brought a different but similar instance into the discussion. That is addressing the specific issues raised by the Bundy case without trying to elevate him (much less to the hero level as suggested by Ken in the OP) or even like the man. If you just want insult and attack, you can play with Ken.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Re: Re: Oh dear on 04/24/2014 14:40:49 MDT Print View

I really didn't mean to insult you, Mike.