REI coupon/dividend - what ya got?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan W
(werne1nm) - M

Locale: Michigan
Updating my gear on 04/13/2014 18:51:56 MDT Print View

I bought an Exped UL7 LW mat with my wife's coupon

An REI Quarterdome 3 tent 2014

and a Gregory z65 on outlet (it was the deal of the day, used my 20 percent AND my dividend I bought the pack for 90 dollars shipped)

Not the lightest stuff in the world, but MUCH lighter than I had before!

REI quarter dome 3

Susan Papuga
(veganaloha) - M

Locale: USA
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 01:09:05 MDT Print View

Snow Peak Titanium double-wall 450 mug.

Because I'm starting a new job and will need a touchstone that connects me to the trail.

James T. Volk
(H2Oboy007) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
REI - hard to think of anything... on 04/14/2014 10:27:22 MDT Print View

+1 on not really needing anything that REI carries, but still wanting to use the coupon.

I went ahead and got a NeoAir X-Lite. With the coupon, my dividend, and a gear return gift card we called it a push.

Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
Small stuff on 04/14/2014 13:21:18 MDT Print View

I ended up getting an Exped Schnozzle (to go with my Synmat UL7 I got a few months ago and don't want to get moisture inside) which people seem to like - if they'd had them I might have gone for a pillow pump instead given the multi use nature of that kit but alas they don't carry them (the schnozzle is sortof multiuse as it's a dry bag but I don't really need another bag...), and a new firestarter I've wanted for awhile.

Outlet I got a new cycling jersey which I needed. Still have some dividend leftover however so ... not sure what else I'll get but I'll probably just hang on to it for the time being.

J Mag
(GoProGator) - F
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 15:55:27 MDT Print View

With 2 hours left to go I grabbed a synmat ul 7 and a pack for my gf off of the outlet. I have a serious problem and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL! I mean... backpacking.

Phil - Can you let me know how you like the schnozzel when you get to use it? I am thinking it would be perfect for me because I really like something big under my arm since I sleep on my side. If I can get 3 uses out of it for 2 oz I would be really happy.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 16:39:33 MDT Print View

I got a crank bros multitool as recommended by Dave Chenault over on the bikepacking forum.

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 16:51:08 MDT Print View

Hey J Mag, I use my Schnozzel as a pillow by filling it with 6 or 7 partially inflated ziploc bags.

I don't use it as a drybag because I don't want to get it punctured. As a pumpbag for the UL7, I couldn't ask for anything better.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 17:00:06 MDT Print View

As I do most years I have a dividend, I am going to request a check.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
rei. on 04/14/2014 17:47:19 MDT Print View

I'm with Nick... take the check and put it in the bank!

J Mag
(GoProGator) - F
Re: Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 18:35:46 MDT Print View

Thanks for the response Dan!

Do you just use regular ziploc freezer bags? I bought a box of Hefty zipper loc 2.5 gal bags after watching a youtube video of using one for a pillow. They don't hold air at all under weight which made me a sad panda.

Dave Marcus
(Djrez4) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 19:35:31 MDT Print View

Dividend + coupon = BD Sabretooth Pros for $70.

Damian Chavez
(DamianC) - F

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/14/2014 20:10:53 MDT Print View

My first air mattress. Neoair Xlite large. That first day I tested it out and started to fall asleep on it in the middle of the day. More comfortable than my California King bed. I'm a sucker for a firm mattress.

Nathan W
(werne1nm) - M

Locale: Michigan
Hot breathe = moisture inside on 04/14/2014 20:13:55 MDT Print View

I love the schnozel. Use it to keep moisture out of my sleeping pad. And use it to store the pad also.

I cannot lay my pad out bc I have cats with claws and my closets are too small so I lightly fold the pad a bit and put it in the schnozel!

kevperro .
(kevperro) - F

Locale: Washington State
Book on 04/14/2014 20:24:08 MDT Print View

I know it is lame but I bought a book on the Wonderland trail. I think I saved about $3! :-)

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Ziplocs in pump bag for pillow on 04/16/2014 18:59:37 MDT Print View

"Do you just use regular ziploc freezer bags? I bought a box of Hefty zipper loc 2.5 gal bags after watching a youtube video of using one for a pillow. They don't hold air at all under weight which made me a sad panda."

Nah, I use basic sandwich bags for the pillow. They work fine as long as I only partially inflate them. A bit lumpy, but better than most other options and almost weightless. Sometimes I throw my extra clothes in there if it's not cold. Most nights I'm wearing my entire wardrobe.

And E
(LunchANDYnner) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Dividend on 04/17/2014 00:09:10 MDT Print View

Picked up a GoPro Hero3+ Silver for $250 including WA tax. Will be using it in Hawaii during my wedding/honeymoon trip and on the trails in the future.