REI coupon/dividend - what ya got?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 13:57:25 MDT Print View

I may be reaching gearhead stasis - but I could not find anything in the REI Outlet I really needed to use my 20% coupon on ... and am struggling with finding something in the regular store to be honest. I kind of have my bases pretty well covered right now other than an underquilt and the ENO they carry is so poorly received I'm not inclined to use up a lot on it (if they had the synthetic I might pull the trigger on that one but the 300 clam down model, well...).

So what are folks picking up, if anything? Maybe I'll be inspired!

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 14:24:50 MDT Print View

The only thing I found that was intriguing was Sierra Designs Cloud rain pants. 3.5 ounces for taped single-layer WTB pants. I'm not too concerned if the fabric doesn't quite live up to the claims; high-breathability isn't as important for the lower body and they can always be useful for dayhikes or as an in-camp overshell for insulation.

I wear a medium but the outlet only has L, XL and 2XL in mens, so I'm trying the large. We'll see.

$43 after the coupon (free shipping to an REI store if you live near one).

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 14:30:01 MDT Print View

http://www.rei.com/product/873165/ultimate-survival-technologies-wetfire-stove-with-tinder-2013-closeout

I used the 20% off coupon, had it shipped to REI and took the $8.41 out of my dividend. I think I'll burn the regular 20% off coupon and remaining dividend on a pack of delicious Sea Bear salmon.

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 14:54:07 MDT Print View

It's getting harder for me to find the things I really NEED at REI, but I finally went with the 12 meal Mountain House bucket and bought new Outdoor Research PL Sensor gloves. I believe I still have around $70 worth of a dividend. Gotta love that REI Visa.

Nico .
(NickB) - MLife

Locale: Los Padres National Forest
REI coupon/dividend- what ya got? on 04/11/2014 15:00:42 MDT Print View

I bought a set of Ortlieb panniers for my bike. Should work great for some longer bike tours and general commuting/errands.

Alex Wallace
(FeetFirst) - F

Locale: Northern California
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 15:08:08 MDT Print View

A new pair of Kahtoola MicroSpikes to replace my old worn out ill-fitting pair. After coupon and dividend I only had to fork out a buck.

James Reilly
(zippymorocco)

Locale: Montana
Thermarest Xlite on 04/11/2014 16:26:23 MDT Print View

I picked up a Thermarest Xlite small. I might use it in the Sierras this summer if my klymit X reaches the end of life in the desert. I think it came out to about $60 when all was said and done.

Richard Reno
(scubahhh) - M

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.
Large Thermarest Xtherm. on 04/11/2014 16:57:10 MDT Print View

$180 with the 20% coupon, paid for with about half my dividend. It seems to work well with my hammock, and will be great on the ground. Not especially light, but especially comfortable, which is important to my rickety old bones. Don't tell my wife, eh?!?

John Jonas
(hjuan99) - MLife
sea to summit nano pyramid shelter on 04/11/2014 21:48:20 MDT Print View

I'm getting the nano pyramid shelter...probably in double size to see if it will fit well in one side of a 9x9 mid shelter with a little bit of jimmy rigging.

On the outlet side, I bought a osprey talon 44 for my wife to try out.

Glenn S
(Glenn64) - M

Locale: Snowhere, MN
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/11/2014 21:57:59 MDT Print View

New Shoes.

Gordon Gray
(GordonG) - F

Locale: Front Range, CO
pack and boots on 04/12/2014 03:04:06 MDT Print View

I got the Osprey Exos 58 pack with my 20% and a pair of Oboz Bridger boots with my wife's 20%.

Bob Moulder
(bobmny10562) - F - M

Locale: Westchester County, NY
Nemo Siren quilt on 04/12/2014 05:17:57 MDT Print View

I've been wanting to try a quilt, and needed something for early spring and late fall. Plan to give it a field test in a couple of weeks.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/12/2014 08:35:22 MDT Print View

Didn't NEED anything so I got extra ex officio underwear to wear at the office. Slowly trying to replace my cotton boxer briefs with the magic that is ex officio.

Magic comes at a price.

Andrew U
(anarkhos) - M

Locale: Colorado, Wyoming
Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/12/2014 10:36:29 MDT Print View

Buff Original and a Bison Designs Nylon Belt. Nothing too impressive. Decided against the XLite that I had my heart set on earlier this year.

It's actually kind of nerve racking trying to decide what cheap items to get with my dividend. =P

Matthew Black
(mtblack)
Re: Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/12/2014 12:35:42 MDT Print View

+1 to minor buys and the insane amount of thought that goes into them.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Neo-Air -Lite... maybe on 04/12/2014 13:32:51 MDT Print View

With my tiny dividend and REI birthday gift cards from my two YUPPIE daughters I MAY get a Thermarest Neo-Air X-Lite.

But the d@mn noise is a lot to put up with for a slightly lighter mattress than my Prolite. Maybe I'll just put it toward an Osprey EXOS 58.

Too bad REI doesn't sell strut tower bars and cold air intakes. ;o)

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
new bike on 04/13/2014 16:06:41 MDT Print View

got a new 27.5" mtn bike (DB Axis Pro) w/ the coupon and my dividend; reused the coupon a couple of times- pedals and a helmet

was going to buy a Garmin Fenix (w/ the dividend, coupon doesn't work on GPS stuff), but got a stress fracture in my heel so running is out for awhile- but I can bike

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/13/2014 17:01:14 MDT Print View

I just realized that one of the vendors my employer orders from carries Sierra Designs and some other good brands. So I probably won't buy anything big from REI anytime soon, except maybe another pair of NB MT10v2 shoes. All the other stuff I want is cottage industry. I should get another REI Flash 18 for when I talk my non-backpacking friends into joining me on a day hike.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/13/2014 17:13:28 MDT Print View

Had a lot of dividend so a Westcomb Neoshell is on the way. Heard a lot about the material ... we'll see.

Sharon J.
(squark) - F

Locale: SF Bay area
Re: Re: REI coupon/dividend - what ya got? on 04/13/2014 18:44:20 MDT Print View

My boyfriend used both of our coupons and dividends towards crampons and a climbing helmet for his trip to Shasta... that he didn't invite me on. Jerk.

just kidding.

sort of.