Forum Index » Chaff » next issue of bpl mag

Display Avatars Sort By:
jonathan hauptman
(6hauptman6) - M

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.
next issue of bpl mag on 08/07/2007 00:55:48 MDT Print View

Just curious when(month/week...) Interested about what ideas your kicking around the campfire. Sure it will be another great read.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
it's never coming out on 09/01/2007 13:20:22 MDT Print View

Jonathon, it's never coming out. Evidently our suspicions that backpackinglight was a moneylaundering ring have proved true. The FBI think they are descending on Bozeman, Montana for a huge bust but the darkoverload, Ryan, and his evil minions have fled, albiet very lightly.
Sorry for the news, it's back to Rodale Press and Backpacker for the lot of us.

Jon Rhoderick
(hotrhoddudeguy) - F - M

Locale: New England
Re: it's never coming out on 09/01/2007 16:05:11 MDT Print View

is there going to be a gear checklist or something of what they brought with them? Im sure the FBI knows what they took, and I wouldn't be surprised if on one of those slow office days someone weighed everything in the office

Jon

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: next issue of bpl mag on 09/09/2007 19:36:25 MDT Print View

Now that you asked. I checked: the print magazine is published quarterly and mailed around January 25, April 25, July 25, and October 25.

If there was a July issue, then I must have been too busy and missed it when it came. Or maybe this tread's conspiracy theory is true...

I looked at the BLP address on Google Earth and there is nothing there. Like the satellite photos have been censored. I tried to call, but got no answer. No ring either - just breathing sounds. Minutes later a black sedan slowly drove past my house. Also, there is a strange static on my TV screen that wasnt there before I posted this message just now.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
George, do you need help? on 09/16/2007 20:14:46 MDT Print View

George, do you need help? Try making a hat out of foil and walking counterclockwise around your domain to throw them off.
I agree there seems to be an issus missing here.

Jason Brinkman
(jbrinkmanboi) - MLife

Locale: Idaho
Re: it's never coming out on 09/16/2007 23:15:59 MDT Print View

...in other publication news, Rodale sold Cashpacker to Active Interest Media recently. Cashpacker packed their expensive overweight bags and moved the whole family from Pennsylvania to Boulder, CO. Now at least they can 'test' gear near where the rest of us live and play. But at least their rag comes on time every month!

Sara C
(Jon) - M

Locale: SE Missouri and NW Arkansas
It should be out this month on 09/19/2007 14:56:13 MDT Print View

I emailed them a few days ago about this. It was supposed to be out at the end of August, but there were some delays. I don't remember now if they gave me an exact date, but it is supposed to be mailed this month.

Glenn Roberts
(garkjr) - F

Locale: Southwestern Ohio
And the farmer said, "I paid for this hat." on 09/19/2007 16:32:52 MDT Print View

It always seems to be going in the mail next week. Reminds me of some other sayings, such as "the check's in the mail," and "of course I'll still respect you."

Just be patient. I bet we'll have it sometime before Thanksgiving, and it will mostly be worth the wait.

Addie Bedford
(Addie) - F
Issue 8 on 09/22/2007 15:36:12 MDT Print View

New ship date: October 1. Editing went WAY longer than it ought to, but I think we'll have a typo-free mag. Cross your fingers! This issue is all about bears, and since I've read it enough to have it memorized, I feel pretty confident in saying that it's excellent. I really liked it...and, our publishing schedule is nowhere near as predictable as the 25th of every fourth month. We have to keep you on your toes!
Addie

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Issue 8 on 09/24/2007 10:48:52 MDT Print View

>>> This issue is all about bears

Looking forward to it. Timely info!

One of my sons and I were heading north enroute to a trailhead in Shenandoah N.P. yesterday morning. We saw a large black bear crossing Skyline Drive ahead of us. My son grabbed a camera from his pack in the backseat, but the bear had quickly departed the scene.

Then we drove on and after a couple of miles, slowed because a car heading south had pulled over and the two passengers were standing outside of their car looking up the slope. We slowly drove by expecting to see a deer, but we were excited to see a Mama Bear and three cubs. My son took a few quick pictures as the four of them headed up higher.

So yesterday we saw five good reasons to learn about bears.

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
mom and three cubs on 09/24/2007 18:15:01 MDT Print View

Mom is center right. Two cubs are right behind her. The third is over to the left.

Moma bear and her three cubs