Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

Locale: Melbourne
Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush? on 03/23/2014 02:50:39 MDT Print View

I am looking for a finger tooth brush, the ones that are handed out in jail apparently. They weigh only 2 grams. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Michael Gunderloy
(ffmike) - MLife
Inmates or babies... on 03/23/2014 05:13:45 MDT Print View

You'll find a variety of infant and toddler toothbrushes on Amazon, which are pretty much (maybe exactly?) the same thing. I recently purchased http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NKL4JE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which works fine. Warning though, it comes in at a whopping 4 grams on my scale.

Pipsissewa Online
(pipsissewa) - F
ultralight toothbrush on 03/23/2014 07:04:15 MDT Print View

Go to your local pet supply store and get a finger toothbrush for dogs like these:

finger toothbrushes

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Re: Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush? on 03/23/2014 07:07:40 MDT Print View

They also sell finger toothbrushes in pet stores but I'm not sure of the weight or if they are exactly the same. Edit slow on the draw

Edited by mtmnmark on 03/23/2014 07:10:45 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush? on 03/23/2014 08:25:54 MDT Print View

Now you just have to make sure you hands are nice and clean before sticking fingers in your mouth. I'll stick with a real toothbrush.

Diane Pinkers
(dipink) - M

Locale: Western Washington
Pretty stiff on 03/23/2014 09:20:04 MDT Print View

I grabbed one of these off my shelf to use in the woods. I found the bristles really stiff and uncomfortable, so don't be too enthusiastic with your brushing at first or you may gouge your gums. Now I don't recommend them for my patients, especially not for cats or tiny dogs.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
Re: Re: Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush? on 03/23/2014 11:21:22 MDT Print View

Zpacks has a good one, nice and short. A full tube of travel tooth paste and the brush come in at .7oz.

Could I go lighter? Yes I could use the paste that comes in the Zpacks kit, but it's only good for two or three nights and I would have the hassle of refilling it often etc. Some people dehydrate it! Clean teeth are important to me, and me sticking my hands deep in my mouth just to save 1 gram does not appeal to me.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Pretty stiff on 03/23/2014 11:30:03 MDT Print View

"Now I don't recommend them for my patients, especially not for cats or tiny dogs."

I've never had a good experience trying to put a finger in a cat's mouth :) Like jamming your hand into a box of fish hooks with your eyes closed!

I just use a travel toothbrush and a little squeeze vial of get toothpaste and live with the enormous weight and bulk.

kristen buckland
(buckie06) - F

Locale: Colorado
Oral B Brush Ups on 03/23/2014 13:48:19 MDT Print View

Oral B Brushes, does anyone remember theses? I wonder if they still make them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRCBViNVDFQ

Andy F
(AndyF) - M

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic
Re: Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush? on 03/23/2014 15:43:37 MDT Print View

2 grams is 2 grams too much. ;-)

http://www.deltadentalidblog.com/original-tooth-brushing-habits-of-native-americans/