Forum Index » Chaff » The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too on 03/21/2014 10:01:20 MDT Print View

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/house-gop-versus-teddy-roosevelt

Edited by kennyhel77 on 03/21/2014 10:03:24 MDT.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
good move on 03/21/2014 11:49:50 MDT Print View

I'm a huge supporter of the parks. But I don't think the President or Congress should be running around creating national parks in times of budget cuts.

The bill itself doesn't make it impossible. It just requires Congressional approval if the President wants to make more than 1 per term. Do you really think we should be adding more than that?

We are having trouble funding and supporting the ones we have.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: good move on 03/21/2014 14:35:23 MDT Print View

Michael...each point you made makes sense and I agree.

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too on 03/21/2014 15:00:48 MDT Print View

Republicans have sure followed through on that promise to focus on jobs.

Ken Miller
(Powderpiggy) - F

Locale: Colorado
The Blame Game on 03/21/2014 18:49:54 MDT Print View

You might consider which party controls 2/3's of government. You might also take a look at bills passed by the House and thrown in Harry Reid's trash can without a vote/committee/consideration by the Senate. You might also look the labor participation rate metrics for a real understanding of unemployment statistics.

I think it is pretty obvious that we have a President who is more interested in his standing in the eyes of the pop culture than how effective he and his administration is at governing. He doesn't seem very interested in much about his job and can't seem to get anything done without a one party majority.

But Ellen thinks ObamaCare is great, Kobe thinks he can play for the Laker's and Pelosi thinks he the most bi-partisan President in her memory, as short as it maybe. For all I know, JayZ thinks he can rap.

Most importantly, all the elementary school kids that he lectures think his laser focus on jobs is pretty cool.

Putin thinks he rides a girly bike.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: The Blame Game on 03/22/2014 15:59:51 MDT Print View

You guys are angry because Obama went on Ellen and the two ferns guy because more people might sign up for ACA and make the program a success

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
likeability is an evil liberal plot on 03/22/2014 18:39:04 MDT Print View

Everyone knows playing the charisma card to advance a presidential agenda is foul play unless your name was Ronald Reagan.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
GOP haters on BPL. on 03/22/2014 23:47:22 MDT Print View

Ken, you (and several other vocal people on BPL) are so partisan it's not funny. That's why anything you post (MSN, oh, brother!), should be taken with a grain of salt and a heavy dose of skepticism. You do remember that it was your wonderful Obama administration that needlessly closed all those national parks and monuments (even the ones with no gates) out of pure spite and just because they could, right? It cost more money to add gates and security than just leaving the things open in the first place, not to mention all the veterans who were denied access to their memorials. Remember them? You know, the ones in the wheelchairs? Normandy couldn't stop them and neither did YOUR President and his "BARRYcaids". Oh, yeah...all those wonderful park rangers were "just doing their jobs"....seems to be the standard excuse for tyranny, from Nuremberg to the White House. So, Ken, you can bash on the GOP as being the root of all evil in our country, but you have really lost all credibility in my book because of your blind devotion solely to the Democrat party, when, in reality, most in both parties are the real problem we face.
Oh, and you conveniently side stepped the fact that it was Teddy Roosevelt, a..GASP!...Republican president, who created most of our national parks in the first place. What's next, denying that it was Lincoln (another...GASP! Republican) who freed the slaves and saved the REPUBLIC (yeah, it's a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy)?

Theodore Roosevelt: Conserving America's Future:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxf9eYWiaM

w

w

w

n

Edited by bigfoot2 on 03/23/2014 00:05:02 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 12:06:27 MDT Print View

Why the attack on Ken? He now agrees with the GOP position on this.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 15:11:27 MDT Print View

So says the resident Libertarian^^^^^^

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 15:29:15 MDT Print View

I have some Libertarian ideas, for sure, but I don't go along with that whole packaged deal either.

But you did agree with Michael after he explained to you what that was about.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: morons and haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 16:07:37 MDT Print View

Memes and a Nazi reference. Man this thread petered out fast.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 18:11:07 MDT Print View

Michael made valid points that I agreed with. However there is no doubt that The GOP does have an agenda, and we should be quite wary of their ideals

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 18:12:39 MDT Print View

Matthew, you really do blame Obama for the government shutdown? Wow. Read much? Please give sane, credible answers instead of a bunch of memes

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too on 03/23/2014 18:13:11 MDT Print View

and yes Kat, touche' you are correct and I note that.

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

hmm on 03/23/2014 18:14:43 MDT Print View

this went downhill fast. I know Ken was trolling with his title, but the topic is of interest (I'd think) to most of us here.

The great REPUBLICAN Theodore Roosevelt is probably the greatest national parks president ever. Please thank him. :)

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: hmm on 03/23/2014 18:49:58 MDT Print View

Yes I was trolling....I cannot nor will not hide my disdain for The GOP/Teaparty. Michael, you mention Teddy Rosevelt, but I think you might need to go back and re-read some history. That Republican Party is NOT the same as it is today. Nice try

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Well on 03/23/2014 23:04:34 MDT Print View

Of course you don't want the parties to be the same. Else your party doesn't look too good!

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too on 03/23/2014 23:16:52 MDT Print View

I'm not a Republican congressman, so I could be wrong, but I always saw the Republican idea to remove national parks not as an attack on public land but as part of federalism. Federalism has been a huge part of conservative politics, not so much now with all of the necons.
Part of a growing government is creating monopolies on services and convincing people that only the government can adequately provide that service. This is the same thing with federal vs. state governments. They snatch up all of these things and services that state governments could easily manage themselves. Our country is really too big to have a centralized government that adequately represents the wishes of the people.

I think turning over our national parks to the states would be a fantastic idea.

Why can't liberals understand this concept? Wanting to defund something at a federal level doesn't mean they want it removed completely.

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
The GOP haters on BPL. on 03/23/2014 23:35:10 MDT Print View

"That Republican Party is NOT the same as it is today"

Ha! But your party is, Ken, they've just gotten better at deceiving the voters is all.

d

d

d