Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus

Display Avatars Sort By:
Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: Re: Re: Bearikade on 03/18/2014 16:09:21 MDT Print View

A moose once bit my sister.

(Monty Python joke)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SII-jhEd-a0

Edited by tallbloke on 03/18/2014 16:14:29 MDT.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
RE: pm first would be a bit more respectful on 03/18/2014 17:57:59 MDT Print View

With all due respect, this isn't ebay or craigslist. I'm relatively new here, but what I like best about the Gear Swap forum is that people can post comments about their experience with the seller, can post links to reviews for the gear, can add comments about anything they feel like. Should positive comments about the seller or the gear be disallowed? Of course not.

There are lots and lots of places on the net to sell your gear. This place is different.

REALLY want that beariakde, btw. Wife would kill me though.

L Lanian
(Lanian) - F

Locale: California, U.S.A.
Dibs on 03/18/2014 18:20:04 MDT Print View

I don't take offense. I just give BPL first pickings before I throw things up on ebay. I'm always open to offers. If no one wants 'em, I usually don't have problems selling them, so it's no sweat off my back. Just thought you guys would want first dibs.

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
comments on 03/18/2014 18:58:32 MDT Print View

I agree that someone can ask whatever price that buyer and seller agree on.

But, forum members tend to look out for each other a bit. Quite often a used item will come up for sale at more than the current sale price at a major distributor. Im all for people getting top $ for their used gear, but the potential buyers also have a right to know if its available somewhere else for less, or even nearly the same as a used asking price. I see nothing wrong with tactful comments.

On the other side, I have quickly PMd sellers before on other forums telling them that they can get much more for something when they offer up too sweet of a deal as well. Some people dont know what their 3 yr old slightly used gear may be going for, most do.

Edited by livingontheroad on 03/18/2014 19:01:51 MDT.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: comments on 03/18/2014 19:23:00 MDT Print View

I don't have a huge problem with a friendly comment about the price, but all too often the post doesn't come across as friendly and I don't think most of those posts are meant to be very tactful either. So why stir up bad feelings?? If a buyer can't take 5 mins and do a Google search to determine if they are getting a good price - they deserve the price they get.

If someone wants to truly protect the community, call out those poor sellers at every opportunity.

Ryan

Edited by ViolentGreen on 03/18/2014 19:26:13 MDT.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Off topic on 03/18/2014 21:15:52 MDT Print View

Everyone has something to say about there being a right to post information if something is overpriced.

Of course. Obviously. It doesn't even warrant discussion.

That's not what's going on here. People are just whining because they want a bigger discount. OP is selling everything lower than retail. Not low enough for you? Fine. Don't buy it. But don't complain and make it harder for the OP to sell by convincing people it's a bad deal. It's rude and confrontational and, as was said by the main offender, it sucks when it happens to you.

Mike Young
(klackamas) - F - MLife

Locale: ingreentrees@yahoo.com
TTT on 03/18/2014 21:19:59 MDT Print View

On a positive note, the discussion keeps the listing at the top of the page...

J P
(jpovs) - F - M
Re: FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus on 03/19/2014 05:07:51 MDT Print View

-

Edited by jpovs on 06/15/2014 13:50:28 MDT.

L Lanian
(Lanian) - F

J P on 03/19/2014 12:51:36 MDT Print View

J P - Hey man, people have disagreements all the time. Just like any argument in real life, you'll discuss it- even if feelings get hurt.
As the OP in this thread, I will state once again- I am not offended/upset whatsoever.
Some people are just looking for deals, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some people defended me, and that's fine too- I appreciate it.
In all of that, there's no reason for you to feel unwelcome or feel this environment is unhealthy. WE WANT YOU TO STAY!

As for getting back to the topic of this thread-

Bearikade is $45 less than what you'd pay new
Tent is $70 less than what you'd pay new
Filter is ~$30 less than what you'd pay new

Tent is mint
Filter is mint
Bearikade is a bearikade. 'nuff said.

As stated before, I'm open to offers. I throw stuff up on ebay for top dollar. Here I'm willing to negotiate because I prefer to help out fellow backpackers.

Edit: Bearikade SOLD

Edited by Lanian on 03/19/2014 12:55:14 MDT.

L Lanian
(Lanian) - F

All that's left on 03/19/2014 15:09:23 MDT Print View

Bearikade is SOLD
Platypus set is SOLD

All that's left is the Skyscape X.

Price reduced to 500+shipping.
Mint condition. Awesome tent.

sixmoondesigns.com/tents/ssX.html

Lance Cunningham
(Lancelot2u) - F

Locale: So. Cal.
In L Lanian's defense - Be kind to fellow BLP members on 03/21/2014 12:09:16 MDT Print View

Hi All,

Just want to follow up on this thread because I was bugged and it has been two days. I bought the Bearikade and the Platypus filter system with new hose and new 2L bag. He was a pleasure to do business with and I did save a few bucks buying two items and by speaking with him directly. I wasn't going to do a 4L water system for two people, but I will tell you, I am lazy when it comes to doing my chores. I tend to want to fish instead if I have the chance, and giving my girlfriend something to do that is easy will contribute to her confidence in the field.

Instead of starting an online battle of wills and opines, if you are not interested move on. Why have the conflict? I personally spoke to someone with FAR more experience than I have, that also helped with my self confidence knowing that I am on the right track for a 220 mile trek and he provided me his packlist as a cross reference. He was a great source of information, is not new to the game, and I hope I made a new friend. Is it worth the extra $20? I am sure it will be down the road!!! If I have more questions, I know he will lend a hand.

Be kind to fellow BPL members, especially when they are "doing business" in an honest fashion and willing to lend a hand.

Lance

Lance Cunningham
(Lancelot2u) - F

Locale: So. Cal.
Arrived in TWO days on 03/23/2014 16:01:50 MDT Print View

Proud new owner of a Bearikade Expedition and Platy 4L water filtration system. Arrived as promised!