Forum Index » GEAR » GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK

Display Avatars Sort By:
Devin Karch
(Darwin13)

Locale: NYC
GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK on 03/14/2014 15:19:12 MDT Print View

Our testers were shocked out how comfortable their packs were after they showed up over 50 pounds on the scale!
When weight is unavoidable, go for comfort instead. Check it out!

http://thetraillives.com/2014/03/14/...o-75-backpack/

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
No Link on 03/14/2014 15:34:02 MDT Print View

Dead URL

Valerie E
(Wildtowner) - M

Locale: Grand Canyon State
Try This Link for review on 03/14/2014 17:05:11 MDT Print View

http://thetraillives.com/category/gear-2/gear-reviews/

Lapsley Hope
(Laps) - M
Huh? on 03/14/2014 17:38:35 MDT Print View

That's the least informative review I've ever read, at least it only took about 45 seconds of wasted time.

Brian Reyman
(breyman) - M

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Great Pack on 03/14/2014 19:29:49 MDT Print View

Agreed - the review was a bit light on meat.

I will agree with the assertion, though. This is the most comfortable pack for large base weights I've ever used. It's in my closet right now and I use it when:
- I'm going a short distance and want to bring more.
- Winter use.
- Family backpacking when I'm carrying extra gear for my young kids.

I LOVE the hipbelt. It is insanely comfortable. I've tried every other Gregory pack, every Osprey pack, etc. and this one's the best for big loads. I also really like some of the features (forward facing water bottle holder, etc.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
Re: Try This Link for review on 03/15/2014 04:03:53 MDT Print View

"That's the least informative review I've ever read"

Good thing you liked it?

Eric Osburn
(osb40000) - MLife
Re: Great Pack on 03/15/2014 13:16:05 MDT Print View

Agreed 100% Brian. I just used mine on a high alpine overnighter where I had to carry a bunch of extra gear for other people. I had around 45lbs on my back and the hip belt was super comfortable and the load stable. For a heavy hauler it's a great pack. Once my kids are old enough and we transition from the kid haulers I'm sure I'll use it a great deal to haul heavy loads for them until they are old enough to carry their own weight.

bradmac mt
(bradmacmt) - F

Locale: Montana
"GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK" on 03/16/2014 21:01:23 MDT Print View

Well, at least all three guys in the photos were wearing packs too small for their torso's.

Marko Botsaris
(millonas) - F - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Re: "GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK" on 03/17/2014 10:52:54 MDT Print View

They must be pretty big guys in that picture - if I was wearing a ~ 80L bag it would look like it was wearing me rather than the other way around. :-)

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: "Gear review: Gregory Baltoro 75 backpack" on 03/17/2014 13:25:21 MDT Print View

Should be posted in On the Web

"On the Web

Post your surf slop here - personal websites or other Web resources that will be informative to lightweight backpackers."