Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats
Display Avatars Sort By:
Philip Kovacik
(mountainjam)

Locale: Bay Area
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 14:43:29 MDT Print View

Hey Ya'll,

In need of some new headwear for the trail. I wear trucker hats in the backcountry and in town and am looking for some new flavors...maybe you guide for a company that has their own hats, maybe you've got one from a local outdoor store that you just don't love, or perhaps you've got an old hat that never got to see the Sierra's. Drop me a line with a photo and if I like it, I'll send you some cash or gear in trade.

Thanks!

Phil

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 15:11:32 MDT Print View

I also like trucker hats.

Probably because snap back mesh trucker hats are the only hats that can fit my head...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 18:18:58 MDT Print View

Fashion Oxymoron

Watch out if you're a little thin on top. Can burn right through the mesh. My Father-in -Law kept a napkin in the crown for added sun protection.

Travis W
(lobopac)

Locale: Central Valley, CA
Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 02:50:22 MDT Print View

I too like a good trucker hat. Generally don't hike in them due to the mesh. I ran across this at a Zumiez outlet on the way to an overnighter at Point Reyes after I forgot a hat. Trucker hat style, but all nylon to keep more sun out. Found it online too....buy one get one free. You can find your various other skate/surf/slacker/hipster gear there too. I did see some nylon belts with plastic buckles that showed some promise in the store. Don't see them online.

http://www.zumiez.com/coal-the-paradise-red-snapback-hat.html

Edited by lobopac on 03/12/2014 02:59:54 MDT.

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 07:46:18 MDT Print View

The land trust I work for has trucker hats. If anyone likes these, for a small donation and shipping, I'll send you one.MLC

We have them in all common bright trucker hat colors including navy blue, Tar Heel blue, green, pink, black. I love the green.

edit: I have no idea why pictures posted from my iPad are always upside down.

Edited by jleeb on 03/12/2014 21:31:14 MDT.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Re: MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 11:10:16 MDT Print View

How much is shipping from Australia?

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 16:31:11 MDT Print View

My hair provides all the sun protection I need, so I like the mesh. I understand some of you might not have all that much hair.

I had no idea they got that much snow in Australia!

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
Re: Re: MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 21:30:37 MDT Print View

umm...I have no idea!

Velimir Kemec
(velimirkemec) - F
Trucker hats on 03/13/2014 13:03:27 MDT Print View

Hi,
was looking at Truckers hat myself and found this at ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281127629909?var=580220173832&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

lots of color choices at reasonable price. I have no affiliation with the seller. Only posting what I've found on the web.

Cheers!