November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats
Display Avatars Sort By:
Philip Kovacik
(mountainjam) - MLife

Locale: Bay Area
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 14:43:29 MDT Print View

Hey Ya'll,

In need of some new headwear for the trail. I wear trucker hats in the backcountry and in town and am looking for some new flavors...maybe you guide for a company that has their own hats, maybe you've got one from a local outdoor store that you just don't love, or perhaps you've got an old hat that never got to see the Sierra's. Drop me a line with a photo and if I like it, I'll send you some cash or gear in trade.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - M

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 15:11:32 MDT Print View

I also like trucker hats.

Probably because snap back mesh trucker hats are the only hats that can fit my head...

Ken T.
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: All up in there
WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/11/2014 18:18:58 MDT Print View

Fashion Oxymoron

Watch out if you're a little thin on top. Can burn right through the mesh. My Father-in -Law kept a napkin in the crown for added sun protection.

Travis W
(lobopac) - F

Locale: Central Valley, CA
Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 02:50:22 MDT Print View

I too like a good trucker hat. Generally don't hike in them due to the mesh. I ran across this at a Zumiez outlet on the way to an overnighter at Point Reyes after I forgot a hat. Trucker hat style, but all nylon to keep more sun out. Found it online one get one free. You can find your various other skate/surf/slacker/hipster gear there too. I did see some nylon belts with plastic buckles that showed some promise in the store. Don't see them online.

Edited by lobopac on 03/12/2014 02:59:54 MDT.

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 07:46:18 MDT Print View

The land trust I work for has trucker hats. If anyone likes these, for a small donation and shipping, I'll send you one.MLC

We have them in all common bright trucker hat colors including navy blue, Tar Heel blue, green, pink, black. I love the green.

edit: I have no idea why pictures posted from my iPad are always upside down.

Edited by jleeb on 03/12/2014 21:31:14 MDT.

. Kirby
(Kirby805) - F
Re: MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 11:10:16 MDT Print View

How much is shipping from Australia?

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - M

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Re: WTB: Cool Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 16:31:11 MDT Print View

My hair provides all the sun protection I need, so I like the mesh. I understand some of you might not have all that much hair.

I had no idea they got that much snow in Australia!

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
Re: Re: MLC Trucker Hats on 03/12/2014 21:30:37 MDT Print View

umm...I have no idea!

Velimir Kemec
(velimirkemec) - F
Trucker hats on 03/13/2014 13:03:27 MDT Print View

was looking at Truckers hat myself and found this at ebay:

lots of color choices at reasonable price. I have no affiliation with the seller. Only posting what I've found on the web.