WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Fogarty
(mfog1) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L on 03/10/2014 23:06:32 MDT Print View

Looking for a good, to very good condition, Vintage, Kelty Serac Expedition, External Frame Backpack, prefer an XL frame size, but will consider a Large as well.

Edited by mfog1 on 03/11/2014 08:48:33 MDT.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L on 03/11/2014 04:29:35 MDT Print View

You may want to specify the model.

Seracs

The left one is a Serac Expedition (1980's) versus the much smaller 70's Serac. However, neither is for sale. The expedition is over 7,000 cu in.

Michael Fogarty
(mfog1) - MLife

Tease...... on 03/11/2014 08:46:16 MDT Print View

Nice packs Nick, probably the Expedition,as I've seen fewer of these for sale. I'll just need to keep checking ebay,I guess?

Thanks for the pictures...........

JC Root
(evilroot) - F - M

Locale: Central Oregon
Jansport D3 Bush packs on 03/11/2014 21:05:16 MDT Print View

Red is large and purple is medJansport D3 BushpackMed Jansport BushpackD3D3D3D3

Asking $50 for the pair plus shipping

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Tease...... on 03/11/2014 22:54:19 MDT Print View

Michael,

The Expedition will have a Cordura bottom and the lashes are some sort of plastic. Those will break over the years. Replacement is on my To Do list. I would guess eBay is the only place you will find one unless you luck out and see one in a garage sale for $5 :)

Good luck.

Michael Fogarty
(mfog1) - MLife

Lash tabs or patches on 03/12/2014 09:38:49 MDT Print View

Thanks Nick !. At least they still sell the plastic lash tabs, and you can get at them with a sewing machine to replace them. You could salvage some leather patches off an old Kelty and use these instead of the plastic, but then it wouldn't be original, I guess? I was looking over the pack-bag on my recently purchased Tioga, and thought to myself: I could replicate it on my machine, if I had to. You could even get a small embroidery company to replicate the triangular Kelty badge. I could be an unauthorized Kelty repairman......lol...