Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Titanium Firefly Wood Stove w/Flexport, Titanium Cookset-Snow Peak 700ml w/ Caldera Cone ,12-10 stove, Ultralight Lid, and Caddy
Display Avatars Sort By:
Paul Andronico
(Jakesandwich) - MLife

Locale: S.F. Bay Area
Unfortunate on 03/20/2014 13:20:29 MDT Print View

This whole thread is unfortunate, and should have been kept between the parties in my opinion. I understand wanting to draw attention to a real scammer like someone who takes people's money and never delivers the goods. But the "small dent" case against Robert is weak at best, especially in light of his history on gear swap and his offer of a full refund, albeit without return shipping. Best of luck to both parties.

Philip Kovacik
(mountainjam)

Locale: Bay Area
Enough...I"LL PAY THE SHIPPING on 03/20/2014 13:37:21 MDT Print View

Dudes,

I WILL PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING FEE so you both can get on with your lives and we can as a community move forward. This community lives and dies by the reputation of buyers and sellers. I have occasionally received items that were less than I wanted and was always able through PRIVATE channels work with the seller to ameliorate any concerns. I have also had a down vest that I sold get damaged by the USPS...the buyer contacted me requesting funds for repairs which I decided was warranted. Lastly, the OP clearly posted some WELL USED gear, irrespective of the minor dents in question, if the buyer was looking for brand new or well-maintained gear why not post a WTB ad with your requests or purchase directly from Trail Designs (Rand is a GREAT guy and the aluminum cone in question only runs $34.95 with a 12-10 stove INCLUDED). Lastly, if you sell on BPL remember that in this community your gear is going to folks who love the wilderness and are helping to support the revolutionizing of backpacking...do unto others, offer the things you don't want or need at the best price you can, and communicate with your buyers.