FS: smartwool shirts, brand new
Display Avatars Sort By:
steve susswein
(steveandsue) - F
FS: smartwool shirts, brand new on 07/30/2007 18:53:16 MDT Print View

I have 2 brand new smartwool shirts for sale:

1) Men's quick zip polo, short sleeve, size large, color light blue

2) Men's shadows hoody, size medium, color is driftwood

Both are 100% Merino wool. Price is $20 each plus actual shipping. I'll cover shipping if you buy both!

Steve
steve_susswein@hotmail.com

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
shadow hoody on 07/30/2007 19:01:17 MDT Print View

Very interested in the shadow hoody. how do you want payment?

steve susswein
(steveandsue) - F
send me email on 07/30/2007 19:11:29 MDT Print View

Chris,

Send me a private email to discuss payment

Justin Ling
(ling_jd) - F

Locale: columbus ohio
so... on 07/30/2007 22:04:02 MDT Print View

when christopher changes his mind about the shadow hoody, I'd like to be second in line. this is basically every bpl'ers dream come true.

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

shadow hoody on 07/30/2007 22:23:03 MDT Print View

No way! :) Now I won't have to keep stealing my wifes! :p

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: FS: smartwool shirts, brand new on 07/31/2007 00:21:19 MDT Print View

Steve you should have e'bayed the Shadow and considered it an investment with a meaningful ROI.

But I'm thrilled you let it go to BPL'ers here!

GREAT shirt.

BPL will have a merino hoody in 08, a few oz's lighter than the old shadow. The concept of a pullover with balaclava hood and thumb mitts - awesome. We used these on our trek in the arctic last year, and I'm pretty much sold on this design for ease of use and versatility relative to a p/o / hat / gloves combo for most 3-season conditions.

Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Re: Re: FS: smartwool shirts, brand new on 07/31/2007 05:48:01 MDT Print View

Hey Ryan,
this is a great idea. Do you have any idea what weight wool you are planning on using (18/17.5 micron)?

Jeroen Wesselman
(jeroenman) - F

Locale: Europe
BPL Merino Wool Hoody in 08 on 07/31/2007 05:48:04 MDT Print View

Ryan,

i was utterly dissapointed when I found out that Smartwool has discontinued their Smartwool Hoody.
But I am thrilled to see BPL stepping in and filling this huge void...
Any thoughts on when we can expect this in 2008...beginning or end.
Color wise..black?

Thanks
Jeroen

Edited by jeroenman on 07/31/2007 06:00:15 MDT.

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

when? on 07/31/2007 07:15:22 MDT Print View

Will 2008 in BPL language mean end of 2009? ;) I would love a BPL hoody but experience has shown me i better buy this one in the meantime or continue stealing my wife's.

Ryan Jordan

merino hoody bpl on 07/31/2007 09:15:59 MDT Print View

I think we'll stick with 170 g/m2 @ 18 micron.

The ultralight stuff (145-155 g/m2) just isn't prime time for a hoody, the whole thing will be a stretched out rag after some use. Those of you that have some of this stuff from other brands might know what I'm talking about.

It should come in at around 9 oz in M.

mark cole
(marklivia)
New Hoody on 07/31/2007 09:17:26 MDT Print View

Ryan, do another color besides black.... something a little less goth. Maybe a green or tan, you get the idea.

Ryan Jordan

hoody color on 07/31/2007 09:20:47 MDT Print View

It will not be Goth Black. Or at least, it will be offered in at least one option that will not be Goth Black :)

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
BPL hoodywinking on 07/31/2007 12:35:56 MDT Print View

Gotta have a Goth option. I'd also like to see a mid-century modern option----say Acid Green. hee hee.

Edited by kdesign on 07/31/2007 12:37:21 MDT.

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
Wha...?!?! *drools* mmm... BPL Merino.... on 07/31/2007 13:39:50 MDT Print View

Ryan,

BPL is bringing out a hoody? Sweet! I presume the fit will be more athletic than Ibex' Shak Hoodie (which is reported to fit more like one's favorite sweatshirt)? Any chance at pics of the prototypes you tried (with the understanding that the final result may differ)?

If memory serves, you used a Shadow in one of your articles but had issues with the hem lenght (essentially that it was a bit too short). I presume this one will have suitably tuckable length?

You mention pull-over baclava-ness... will this have a zipper to promote venting (say half or quarter zip), or will it be more of a close neck non zip (similar to the Wildthings Gear performance hoody)

Target fabric weight isn't bad at all, a little denser than my ice breaker tech-T lite... little lighter than IB's superfine 190... it'd make a hell of a baselayer (presuming venting is okay)... and likely a very comfortable combination with a BPL or Montbell (or numerous others) hooded insulation layer.

Actually, I'd probably use the crap out of it on a bicycle commute to and from work if it's drizzling in the fall / spring.

Any chance of other BPL Merino goodness on the horizon?

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

shadow hoody on 08/02/2007 12:20:19 MDT Print View

arrived today. Thanks for the quick shipping!

Bill B
(bill123) - MLife
Deleted on 03/02/2008 13:37:50 MST Print View

deleted

Edited by bill123 on 03/02/2008 13:39:40 MST.

Ryan Jordan

Re: Wha...?!?! *drools* mmm... BPL Merino.... on 03/02/2008 13:50:21 MST Print View

A little more info on the hoody, now that I've been through a few rounds of prototyping.

We're shooting for a summer deliver - June/July.

Weight will be around 9-10 oz in size M.

Long and tuckable hem. Balaclava hood. Venting zipper. Thumbloops. Black and gray (sorry! fabric minimums!)

Also coming in the BPL merino line: ultralight short and long sleeve crew neck shirts and long john bottoms. 3-4 oz per each piece; and a wool boxer-short (tighter fitting, stretchy, like an athletic short)...

Bill B
(bill123) - MLife
BPL Hoody on 03/02/2008 13:58:39 MST Print View

Ryan,
Thanks for the reply. It's going to be a long 4 months. I moved my question to the gear forum after seeing that this was originally posted under swap.