Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steve Meier
(smeier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions? on 02/27/2014 07:42:31 MST Print View

My college-aged son wants to use his spring break beginning on March 8th and head south (we live in Indiana) to do some fishing. So where to go? I'm not a fisherman so I know little about what is running but I want to go somewhere warmer than Indiana. So I was thinking SC or NC but could do GA as well. Not wanting to drive further than that. Suggestions from anyone?

Steve Meier
(smeier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Anyone? on 02/28/2014 10:34:05 MST Print View

Anyone have any ideas at all that live in the NC, SC region?

Donna Chester
(leadfoot) - M

Locale: Middle Virginia
Re: Anyone? on 02/28/2014 15:45:29 MST Print View

Head to the Caribbean. Everything south right now is cold....more snow on the way next week. Maybe the Gulf Coast is a better bet for fish. Waters along the NC coast don't warm up until the end of March when yellow fin tuna start running.

David Maxwell
(DavidMaxwell)

Locale: eastern, tn
Re: NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions? on 02/28/2014 18:46:19 MST Print View

Santee Cooper in SC

What kind of fish are you looking to catch?

Edited by DavidMaxwell on 02/28/2014 18:47:07 MST.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions? on 03/02/2014 09:15:03 MST Print View

You could have some days in the 60's that week, just depends. Are you fishing for trout? East TN, Western NC, and North GA probably have more concentrated miles of trout water than anywhere in the country. Tailwaters, lakes, freestone streams,etc. Lots of options. Tell us more about you trip and I can give you some suggestions.

Ryan

Edited by ViolentGreen on 03/02/2014 09:15:39 MST.