Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » Superior Hiking Trail teaser

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Superior Hiking Trail teaser on 02/24/2014 02:58:50 MST Print View

Not quite a trip report but I'm not finding a better fit for this ...

Another guy (Tom Salwasser) has created this delightful SHT photo montage from photos taken over the past several years.

Glenn S
(Glenn64) - M

Locale: Snowhere, MN
Re: Superior Hiking Trail teaser on 02/25/2014 01:30:33 MST Print View

Thanks for posting that here. I got signed up to their yahoo group, so I saw the email on this, but the website for the group is a bit disconcerting. A nice change of scenery from the snowpiles we have this year.

Shawn Peyton
(alifeoutdoors) - F - MLife

Locale: Iron River, WI
Re: Superior Hiking Trail teaser on 02/25/2014 07:08:29 MST Print View

That was a great montage. Which led me to reviewing old Shug Emery videos on youtube for about 4 hours. I think the cabin fever is finally setting in. Especially after Friday.

Glenn the way I do it so I don't have to really ever visit the website (unless I need a file one of the members has kindly uploaded) is keeping it to individual emails being delivered. Then I set up a seperate folder in my inbox for SHT, then set a rule to deliver all emails from the hiker group address into that folder. That way I can peruse at my leisure and it's not crowding up my main inbox. Also then they are all in one place and seperated if I want to go back and reference an email for a route, gear advice/technique, shuttle service, ride trade/share etc.

Glenn S
(Glenn64) - M

Locale: Snowhere, MN
Shug on 02/25/2014 23:54:51 MST Print View

Haha, I love watching that guy! Don't see much of him anymore though, what ever happened to him?

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Shug on 02/26/2014 08:42:52 MST Print View

"Don't see much of him anymore though, what ever happened to him?"

He still cranking out videos from time to time but seems like he's slowing down to about one per month; most recent was a Hammock Forums Frozen Butt Hang series I believe. He's a performer as well which I'm sure cuts in to his hammock hanging, water boiling, and backpacking time.

He did a series on the Linville Gorge last summer which is fun to watch.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Superior Hiking Trail teaser on 02/26/2014 13:24:59 MST Print View

Join the listserv and choose to receive the messages as a Digest. It's very manageable and full of good info if you're an SHT (or inspiring) hiker. I've long since moved away from the area but still love reading about the trail community from Duluth northward.