Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Outdoor retailer recap
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
Outdoor retailer recap on 01/31/2014 08:15:06 MST Print View

Not sure if this was posted, but our very own Will Rietveld did a wonderful recap for GG.

http://gossamergear.com/wp/buzz-blog/outdoor-retailer-winter-2014-trade-show-part-1-pre-show-hiking-loads-interesting-new-gear-technologies-lightweight-backcountry-travel

I like the new Cascadias.....so much better than my green ones I've had for almost 2 years. Also, some of those new stoves make me question the worthiness of my alcohol stove.

Edited by jleeb on 01/31/2014 16:15:36 MST.

Yohei Aoyagi
(zzz_bear) - MLife

Locale: Tokyo
Re: Outdoor retailer recap on 01/31/2014 10:47:44 MST Print View

Thanks. I want Houdini pullover!

Trill Daddy
(persianpunisher) - F
PowerDry HE is actually the NEW PowerWool on 01/31/2014 15:41:48 MST Print View

Will, the Polartec PowerDry HE that you have featured is actually their new PowerWool. Their rep actually told me that they had misinformed another blog, I assume he meant y'all.

Woubeir (from Europe)
(Woubeir) - F - MLife
Re: PowerDry HE is actually the NEW PowerWool on 01/31/2014 16:00:30 MST Print View

Is that new Powerwool any different then the already available (for quite some time) PowerDry with Wool ?

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
OR recap on 01/31/2014 18:44:00 MST Print View

Jon,
Thanks so much for putting the link on BPL. Would have missed Will's report otherwise, and it is by far the best I've seen.

The SD Mobile Mummy 30 degree F. bag is about 50% (10 oz) heavier that my MontBell spiral down #3, so not sure if the arm holes and center zip are worth that much extra weight, but it is a nice concept.

The new Montane pull over rain shell looks to die for, but alas have acquired an M10, so will have to first see how that works out.

Miss Will's reviews on BPL.

M G
(drown) - F - MLife

Locale: Shenandoah
Re: OR recap on 01/31/2014 23:27:31 MST Print View

"Miss Will's reviews on BPL."

+1

I want that Montbell Ex Light Anorak

Serge G.
(sgiachetti) - M

Locale: Boulder, CO
anorak on 02/01/2014 00:20:59 MST Print View

yeah, I bet that anorak will be a favorite around here. I've been tempted by the ex-light and plasma, but the lack of a sealing at the hem has been a deal breaker. I wonder if the anorak has a proper waist cinch or at least elastic.