Forum Index » Chaff » Replies to Gear section thread "Gear Swap Practices"

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: Replies to Gear section thread "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/05/2014 20:51:12 MST Print View

"I gotta find some stuff to sell so I can p*ss someone off."

I'll take it sight unseen. Will you take $7 and a half eaten power bar? I promise to spend at least fifteen minutes running around the neighborhood in lukewarm wrath.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/05/2014 21:47:25 MST Print View

I take that offer. But you must remove the price from your post after the deal. You keep the half Power Bar if you pay using Friends and Family selection. or add 3% to that bar. CONUS only.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/05/2014 21:50:04 MST Print View

Ken got it from me two years ago for only $3.50 and a 1/4 eaten Powerbar. And he's probably stained it since then.

And now he's selling to you for twice the price?

Some community member.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/05/2014 22:05:13 MST Print View

You keep your 1/4 stained power bar, I'll STILL throw in my 1/2 power bar (oops I was hungry) 1/3 power bar, a Walmart trekking pole which was ravaged by a marmot but still works 63% of the time 100% of the time, AND.... a myog pair of carbon fiber Crocs that didn't quite work out.

William F
(wkf) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/06/2014 17:02:15 MST Print View

haha, all this talk about licked lollipops and ⅓ powerbars reminds me of a particular character from In Living Color back in the day. Maybe this belongs in the multiple use gear or MYOG section but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNgRpRuWGs

That show was sooooo good. Check out more Anton Jackson videos if interested in M.U.G. or if you are just into stretching things really thin. Today we have Critter style, but before the Critter there was this guy.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: "Gear Swap Practices" on 02/08/2014 22:39:30 MST Print View

"And he's probably stained it since then."

No. But I did dye it.