Forum Index » GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks

Display Avatars Sort By:
William F
(wkf) - F

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Re: a pound on 02/16/2014 20:38:06 MST Print View

So I don't have to climb some distant Himalayan 5000 meter+ peak? I'm such a wimp I'd never make it Tom. And now they're telling me I'm going to get fat. The horror, it just keeps getting worse and worse.

dan mchale
(wildlife) - MLife

Locale: Cascadia
dream on 02/16/2014 20:38:20 MST Print View

Edited by wildlife on 02/17/2014 14:21:19 MST.

William F
(wkf) - F

Locale: PNW
Re: dream on 02/16/2014 20:53:02 MST Print View

Respect Dan. I may not agree with the tone of your site/blog but I can't argue with the quality of your product. Your packs are beautiful and anyone who gets the chance to own one is lucky. If other people were as forthcoming on their websites as you I suppose they would find themselves with similar feedback depending on the reader. But consider this, if you just got rid of all those words on the site (not the blog because that's what a blog is for) you wouldn't have to listen to whiny wimps like me complain about the tone of your website ;). You could just sell excellent backpacks and have more time to get outdoors yourself. Or use that metal detector if you so choose.

Doug Smith
(Jedi5150) - F - M

Locale: Central CA
Re: Damn the torpedos on 02/16/2014 20:58:04 MST Print View

"Welcome abored!

Craig, I saw your post about GoPros. I picked up a Hero 3 Black edition last year at Best Buy I'll sell for $200.00. I'm just not into it. I got it to film the motorcycle crash that kills me but lost interest."
-Dan McHale

Hi Dan, I could have written that exact same post. In fact that is the same email I sent to Craig, but you were $25 dollars nicer on the price than I was (I needed shipping and insurance covered;-).

The only difference is my Hero 3 Black DID film my motorcycle crash...it just didn't kill me. Hahaha. But it did catch me laughing as I picked my 550 pound beast up off the forest service road in AZ. :)

dan mchale
(wildlife) - MLife

Locale: Cascadia
gopro on 02/16/2014 21:02:13 MST Print View

That's funny. The camera can actually take some nice wide angle stills. I'll probably just keep it for that. Cameras don't get much lighter!

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: gopro on 02/17/2014 00:08:05 MST Print View

Thanks for the offer Dan, that's a great deal. I've got to pass though.
I just picked up an older model with a bunch of accessories for $100. I promised myself I'd go cheap on this to see if I'm even into it before getting into a more expensive model.