November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Starbucks Via Latte
Display Avatars Sort By:
Vladimir Kucherov
Starbucks Via Latte on 01/08/2014 10:56:18 MST Print View

I was at Starbucks and saw what looked like a new offering - the Via instant coffee, this time with powdered milk for a latte! Not sure if these have been out already, but it's the first time I've ever seen one. Had to pick one up and try it - it's pretty good! It's milk, sugar, and coffee, so not a lot can go wrong here.

The weight isn't bad either for a quick trail treat

via latte

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Starbucks Via Latte on 01/08/2014 12:48:50 MST Print View

How the heck-o did I miss that yesterday?

Where are my car keys? ;-)

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
hm on 01/10/2014 17:27:18 MST Print View

Looks like it would be good. But at what cost..? My guess=$2 each?

Ill think ill stick with my Trader Joe's 3in1 coffee sticks for $1.99 for 10.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: hm on 01/10/2014 17:45:27 MST Print View

"Trader Joe's 3in1 coffee sticks"

It is good enough for us ordinary mortals.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: hm on 01/10/2014 23:05:44 MST Print View

$1 each for now.

The ingredient list is very short.

Vladimir Kucherov
Price on 01/11/2014 13:52:53 MST Print View

The individual sampler was $1 each - I would hope a pack is at most that or less.

Trader Joe's is a treasure trove for backpacking food - I rarely see nuts cheaper than there.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Re: Price on 01/12/2014 11:39:30 MST Print View

The individual samplers are cheaper. I think a 4-pack was selling for either $4.95 or even $5.95--Ouch. Best to stock up on the $1 samples while they are are still available.

On a Starbuck's side note, last year around Feb. 1st, my closest SBUX was dumping their unsold Christmas Blend Via for half price. And since they already sell a box of six-10 packs for a 10% discount, and I paid half of that, I was able to stockpile a couple years worth of trail-worthy coffee for cheap. Last week I happened to ask if they had an overstock of those Christmas Bland Via packets now, and they said they were completely sold out. Your local SBUX may vary...