Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014 on 01/08/2014 00:27:12 MST Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014

John Reichle
(mammoman) - M

Locale: NE AL
Family Thru-Hike on 01/08/2014 10:04:13 MST Print View

That is just cool as you know what.

Also, I spy a BPL Absaroka pack.

Andrew Stow
(AndyS) - F - MLife

Locale: Midwest USA
Awesome on 01/08/2014 10:25:28 MST Print View

Very awesome. I am jealous.

Ron Babington
(Ohbejoyful) - MLife

Locale: Greenville, SC
Tougas thru-hike on 01/08/2014 10:53:08 MST Print View

I'm really excited to follow along.

Damien, what will be your family's "philosophy of dropping," if you will? Meaning, what kinds of things would take you off the trail?

Edited to add: Nevermind, I just needed to finish reading through your Kickstarter page to find out (eg, "Risks and Challenges"). :)

Godspeed!

Edited by Ohbejoyful on 01/08/2014 11:09:26 MST.

Damien Tougas
(dtougas) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Gaspé Peninsula
Re: Tougas thru-hike on 01/08/2014 12:22:39 MST Print View

@John: Yes, that is a BPL Absaroka pack (on my youngest daughter), it has been her pack for a few years now. It's not the one she will be using for this hike though, she will be using a Golite Jam as she needs something with a little more volume.

@Ron: No problem, glad you found your answers :-) I would be happy to answer any additional questions you have either here or on the Kickstarter page. Thanks!

Edited by dtougas on 01/08/2014 12:22:58 MST.

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Family Thru-Hike on 01/08/2014 13:30:29 MST Print View

Hell yes I will support this! I'm not sure how much I can spare, but I guarantee you're getting some of my money.

Damien Tougas
(dtougas) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Gaspé Peninsula
Re: Family Thru-Hike on 01/08/2014 13:34:00 MST Print View

@Daniel: Your enthusiasm is much appreciated, thanks for your support! BPL is a great community.

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Re: Re: Family Thru-Hike on 01/09/2014 21:58:45 MST Print View

I try to support a good idea whenever I can. I helped with the packrafting series, even though I don't plan on packrafting. I'm just really stoked on people getting out there and making stuff happen.

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
re: Beyond our boundaries on 01/12/2014 10:11:08 MST Print View

I have much respect for those who figure out how to parent creatively like this. An experience like the AT will have a much bigger impact on your kids development and confidence than school, camp, or the many sedentary ways kids spend their summers. I'm looking forward to following this, and hoping to glean some inspirations for outings with my daughters.

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Re: Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014 on 02/11/2014 20:37:20 MST Print View

Aw crap! I screwed around and missed the funding deadline. Stoked to see the project got funded even without my help! I added myself to the contact list on the website, so let me know when the video is ready for purchase. Good luck on your hike!

Stephen Owens
(walknhigh) - MLife

Locale: White Mtns, AZ
Beyond our boundaries on 03/06/2014 12:47:25 MST Print View

In the Barefoot Sisters book they hiked the AT with a family.