There are more choices here that we can possibly cover...
1. Start at Glacier Point or Mono Meadows and hike up over Red Peak pass and down the Merced. You can add miles at the far end by explore the upper reaches of Merced canyon.
2. Start at Twin Lakes on the east side and hike into Kerrick Canyon, Benson Lake, Matterhorn Canyon, and back out. Lots of places to explore there, too.
3. Start in the John Muir Wilderness, Granite Creek, and climb over Isberg Pass and into Yosemite...then back out again.
4. Over Vogelsang, down Lewis Creek...explore the Merced Canyon, and then back out Fletcher Creek.
5. Big snow year ( we WISH!) start at Hetch-hethy and head to Rancheria Falls, the Tilltill Valley, then around Jack Main Canyon and home.
We have trip reports on most of these on our website; backpackthesierra.com