Forum Index » GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Zorg Zumo
(BurnNotice) - F
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 10:03:36 MST Print View

http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/hammockaccessories.html

A breathable ripstop coyote brown under-quilt protector from 2QZQ. It should be in the high 20's and misty here pretty soon so I can give it a try. Then I'll give it another test when we get some cold with wind. I'm hoping it will help extend the range of my hammock setup* a little.

* WBBB DBL 1.7, Hammock Gear 20* Incubator Under Quilt, WB Mamba 3 season top quilt, WB MambaJamba tarp

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Wool Dress Shirt and Bikepacking Bags on 12/26/2013 10:11:40 MST Print View

bk

Let's go bikepacking!

I also got a gift from Wool & Prince, the kickstarter who fielded for testers. They're having me use a few of their shirts for a while and report back (which I'll do here for those interested as well).

Maggie Harlan
(MaggieMaeFlower) - F

Locale: Ohio
Christmas on 12/26/2013 10:12:14 MST Print View

I received 3 new pairs of Smartwool socks (which double as my everyday socks) and 3 yards of Zpacks insect netting to make a bug sock for the Grand Trunk Nano. My mom even went out in the cold and laid in the Hammock so I could make adjustments. She's a good woman!

I gave out Sawyer minis to everyone.

Happy Holidays!

Ian Van Halen
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Wool Dress Shirt and Bikepacking Bags on 12/26/2013 10:18:39 MST Print View

Max,

Which manufacturer did you go with for that bag?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Bolder Bikepacking for my 29er.

http://bolderbikepacking.wordpress.com/

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
bike lights. on 12/26/2013 10:26:47 MST Print View

proper bike lights for this early-sunset time of year. light + motion "urban 700" commuter pack. would like a proper strobe for daytime, but the form factor, brightness, and USB charging is all good.

Matthew Stenger
(MatthewStenger) - F

Locale: the beautiful but rainy northwest
I received quite a few backpacking gifts: on 12/26/2013 10:34:59 MST Print View

Prepping for the AT, so gear was all I had on my wishlist. Made out pretty well.

my christmas presents

Gnar hoodie, Houdini, 20 L OR drysack, Snow Peak LiteMax stove, a mylar blanket, a leatherman, a compass thermometer, and the AT Guide (2013 version, unfortunately)

Also, one sister gave me a ton of dehydrated goodies for the trail.

Joe Annese
(dirtbaghiker) - M
gifts on 12/26/2013 12:12:12 MST Print View

I got some smartwool hiking socks and a pair of kahtoola KTS Steel crampons. I gave her a Patagonia cap 4 zip neck shirt and a patagonia R3 jacket. The rest is all about the kids..

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 12:34:46 MST Print View

Pair of Smartwool PhD running socks.

Bottle of J&B scotch.

Alister R Barnes
(ARB) - M

Locale: Piha
Future MYOG on 12/26/2013 13:32:26 MST Print View

A sheet of Carbon fibre and matching epoxy

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Replacements on 12/26/2013 14:38:24 MST Print View

I got my gf a replacement MHW Scrambler pack after hers was stolen. Upgraded her to the ULT version in hopes of dragging her on some backpack trips (she'll camp, she'll climb, she'll hike...but the "backpacking" part is still out of reach). She got me/us a pair of the costco snow shovels in prep for some winter camping.

I had a pack stolen stolen on Halloween that was ready for a weekend trip so I took advantage of black Friday to start gearing up again. GG Mariposa, WM UL20, REI Flash 45, Rab element solo tarp, Cap 4 Hoodie. I also took advantage of the season to get some MB synth insulated pants and a rab neutrino plus in prep for some winter summits!

Delmar O'Donnell
(Bolster)

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio
Re: Future MYOG on 12/26/2013 15:47:33 MST Print View

> A sheet of Carbon fibre and matching epoxy

Darn, that's what I meant to ask for...!

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
Interesting Gear on 12/26/2013 17:48:08 MST Print View

Delmar,
Mea culpa,mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Did I forget to mention that I'm also retiring at the end of the month? I will, however, supply an in depth trip report when we get back.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 18:20:28 MST Print View

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Aclima woolnet zip neck top and woolnet bottoms. Love this stuff. Thanks to Danny Milks for letting me know about Nordic Outdoors! Easy to deal with.

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
My gift to myself on 12/26/2013 18:28:00 MST Print View

My present to myself arrived today. Got me a caldera cone inferno package with 1.3l vargo titanium pot. Look for my CC snow peak setup on gear swap soon.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: My gift to myself on 12/26/2013 20:23:19 MST Print View

Rab Myriad Neoshell jacket from my wife and a Golite Crestone Neoshell Bib and First Ascent Peak XV Down Parka from Santa (myself) :-)

Joseph Lynch
(rushfan) - M

Locale: Northern California
set my wife up so she could join me on 12/26/2013 21:52:37 MST Print View

Got my wife an REI Flash pack and used WM bag so she could join me on trips in the future.

I got a new stove.

Olicamp Xcelerator

Daniel Pittman
(pitsy) - M

Locale: Central Texas
Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others? on 12/26/2013 23:03:56 MST Print View

I may have mentioned it in a few threads already, but I got Mrs. pitsy a hat from Kat_P because she goes to work at 4am and our little VW doesn't heat up before she gets to work.

She got me some Dickies coveralls for when I work on the car. Now I won't ruin my regular clothes and I'll be a bit warmer when I'm laying under the car.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Gear Under the Tree on 12/27/2013 01:10:29 MST Print View

So many goodies! Thanks all for sharing.

My son and I use HMG Porter packs, and we didn't want my wife to be left out, so we got her the HMG tote bag. Now we need to take her to the beach, which is rather appealing in snowy Montana right now.

My favorite gift may have been a Smartwool beanie hat. It has stripes and color and a tassle, so it has some character! It's a refreshing departure from BLACK ULTRALIGHT FLEECE...and only weighs an ounce more ;)

Brian Crain
(brcrain) - F

Locale: So Cal
Under the tree on 12/27/2013 12:20:42 MST Print View

I got exactly what I asked for - a GG Mariposa :D

Jason Guerricabeitia
(BasqueJ88) - M
Christmas gear on 01/06/2014 19:22:01 MST Print View

My GF bought me a new Arc Blast with goodies: shoulder pocket, load lifters, trekking pole holders and lumbar pad. Winter needs to shove off so I can put it to good use.

I also got a Spyderco Delica 4 and a Fenix PD35, both of which I love so far.

Edited by BasqueJ88 on 01/06/2014 19:24:01 MST.